|Page (1) of 1 - 08/14/01||email article||print page|
Kramer Announces Scalers at CEDIA 2001(August 14, 2001)
The line up is highlighted by the VP-770DS. The Kramer VP-770DS is an HDTV upconverter / line doubler / quadrupler and seamless switcher on box solution for home cinema and boardroom applications. The unit improves and enhances video signals for any current display technology, especially digital displays such as DMD or LCD projectors and the new LCD and Plasma flat panel displays. The unit has 8 video inputs and 4 audio inputs. The various kinds of video signals are all up converted to 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, 1280 x 1024, 1280 x 720 or 1365 x 1024 Pixel output resolution. The VP-770DS has a 3:2 and 2:2 Pull-down recognition circuit for NTSC/PALfilm source material. The detection of the input source whether video, film or graphics is automatic and the processing of the input signal is according to its origin.
“The real excitement for the Home Theater market is in our VP-770DS seamless switcher and HDTV upconverter, as it is really an ‘Anything to anything converter’,” says Kramer VP of Marketing Clint Hoffman. “Like our scan converters, our scalers, including the VP-770DS, are all priced below any competitively featured scalers on the market today.”
The VP-770DS offers 8 format conversions. One format is for 16:9 conversion for DVD signals and the usage of anamorphic lenses for non anamorphic signals like TV broadcasts. The window boxing function offers the center positioning of 4:3 signals on 16:9 screens both for anamorphic lens or standard configuration. Another format resizes 4:3 signals to fit into 16:9 displays. The VP-770DS may be ordered with SDI input option or may be field upgraded later. The unit will then accept a SMPTE 259M signal on input 3. The built-in adaptive comb filter removes dot crawl and cross color artifacts.
“In addition to the VP-770DS, we have a line-up that will match up with anyone making scalers today,” adds Hoffman. “We have two that are priced for any systems integration project and convert video up to XGA (1024 x 768) resolution graphics and one that converts anything to anything. All our models are in stock and ready for shipment.”
The three models include:
· VP-721DS: A Scaler that converts video and s-video to VGA (640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600) and XGA (1024 x 768) resolution graphics and includes a single-input VGA pass-through switcher @ $1,695 list price.
· VP-722DS: A Scaler that converts video and s-video to VGA (640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600) and XGA (1024 x 768) resolution graphics and includes a four-input VGA/XGA switcher and RS 232 control @ $2,295 list price.
· VP-770DS: A seamless switcher and Scaler that converts video and s-video, component video and HDTV (480p, 720p & 1080i and even 1035i in YPrPb, RGBHV and RGsB) signals to VGA (640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600) and XGA (1024 x 768), SXGA (1280 x 1024), UXGA (1600 x 1200), 480p, 720p, 1080i and even 1080i with RS 232 control @ $4,995 list price.
Every Kramer scaler is housed in a 1U, rack-mountable, metal enclosure and includes:
· Compatibility with NTSC or PAL composite video (BNC connector) and s-video (4-pin din connector). The VP-770 includes Component Video, YprPb (on BNCs) and RGBHV conversion was well.
· Output includes VGA (640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600) and XGA (1024 x 768) on a 15-pin HD (VGA-style) or RGBHV (BNC) connector for the VP-721DS and VP-722DS. The VP-770DS includes HDTV (480p, 720p & 1080i and even 1035i in YPrPb, RGBHV and RGsB) signals to VGA (640 x 480), SVGA (800 x 600) and XGA (1024 x 768), SXGA (1280 x 1024), UXGA (1600 x 1200), 480p, 720p, 1080i and even 1080i.
· AFM (Adaptive Film Mode) – Auto 3:2 pull down detector provides clear and crisp de-interlacing video from 24Hz film. It offers significant enhancements when viewing movies on a large screen.
· VT (Vertical Temporal Filter) can remove jagged edges and other de-interlacing artifacts for video motion sequences.
· Static Picture Detector (SPD) uses a simple filed merging technique to perform de-interlacing and is designed to optimize performance and resolution for static images (i.e. document cameras) or scenes with very little or no motion.
· ProcAmp controls include color, hue, contrast and brightness
· Horizontal and vertical shift adjustment
· Auto-save setting functions
Related Keywords:Kramer, scalers
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved