|Page (1) of 1 - 04/15/14||email article||print page|
Kick off the Summer Travel Season with Rand McNally
SKOKIE, Ill., April 15, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --Today, Rand McNally released the 91st edition of America's #1 Road Atlas just in time for vacationers to plan their ultimate summer road trips. Packed full of ideas for exploring unique areas of the country, as well as highlighting the best of small-town America, the Road Atlas is ready to help create this summer's unforgettable moments.
New editions of Rand McNally's Road Atlas app for iPad and eBook were released today as well.
"For nearly 100 years, the Rand McNally Road Atlas has helped travelers discover new places, map out road trips, and navigate across North America," said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. "This year's atlas continues the tradition by providing even more road trip suggestions and a new edition of updated maps."
To spark travel ideas, and enhance a currently planned trip, the new Road Atlas includes:
- New Rand McNally recommended road trips: Drivers can find their way with six highlighted road trips or choose from our editor-crafted collection of nearly 300 Rand McNally road trips on Rand McNally's road trip web site bestoftheroad.com. Each trip is designed to introduce travelers to something new and unique, with a myriad of suggestions for things to see, do and eat along the way.
- Best of Small Town America: From last summer's Best of the Road program, the six winning best small towns are highlighted. Choose a town that suits the travel plan and the mood the Most Fun (Corning, New York), the Most Beautiful (Jefferson City, Missouri), the Friendliest (Kewanee, Illinois), the Best for Food (San Mateo, California), the Most Patriotic (Gallup, New Mexico) and the Best for Geocaching (Helena, Montana). The additional 24 finalist towns are also listed.
In addition to new content, the Road Atlas includes hundreds of updates to the maps and mileage information. Of note, the updated edition includes:
- Long-term road construction sites highlighted on the maps
- Updated tourist, road condition and toll road contact information for each state
- A robust Mileage Chart as well as a Mileage and Driving Times Map with distances between 90 North American cities and national parks
- And an eight-page index of over 23,000 towns and cities by state
Visit www.randmcnally.com/roadatlas for more information on all Road Atlas products.
About Rand McNally Rand McNally is the country's most trusted source for maps, navigation, and travel content. Products and services include: America's #1 Road Atlas; IntelliRoute truck routing software; TND truck GPS; HD 100 E-Log devices; TPC 7600 and TND 760 mobile fleet management solutions; RVND GPS for RVers; and leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom. Learn more at randmcnally.com
Rand McNally, the globe logo, IntelliRoute, and Best of the Road are registered trademarks, and TND and RVND are trademarks of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally.
SOURCE Rand McNally
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Mac, Internet Technology,