|Page (1) of 1 - 06/30/03||email article||print page|
Kaydara Announces MotionBuilder 5New version gains enhanced character animation tools
MotionBuilder 5 is a real-time character animation software suite designed for high-end work in films, broadcast, interactive and game development. It offers a real-time rendering engine a HumanIK feature designed to shorten setup times for character animation. The new version adds a Story-Timeline, which allows users to edit audio, video and contstraints in a timeline, along with a new independent camera track. Other new features include:
- Enhanced character animation tools, including support for quadruped characters, hand floor constraints, finger and toe controls, squash and stretch and additional neck bone controls;
- Enhanced support for Nvidia OpenGL technologies;
- Workflow ehancements, including F-curve, property editors, customizable shortcuts and more comprehensive undo capabilities;
- Built-in clipart library;
- Support for additional file formats, including OBJ, DXF, 3DS, mp3, AAC and formats from new FBX partners Wings3D and RealViz.
Kaydara is shipping both standard and Professional editions of MotionBuilder 5. The Professional version includes support for advanced motion capture editing tools, a software development kit, integration with asset management systems and personalized customer support and product development, according to the company. The standard edition sells for $995. The Professional edition sells for $3,495. Both are expected to ship in August for Mac OS X and Windows. For more information, visit http://www.kaydara.com.
Contact the author: Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Mac OS, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at email@example.com.
Related Keywords:Kaydara Announces MotionBuilder 5