|Page (1) of 1 - 11/16/11||email article||print page|
Kalido Extends Data Governance Reach With New CapabilitiesLatest Release of Kalido(R) Data Governance Director(TM) Widens Data Governance Participation Empowering the Organization to Increase the Value of Its Data Assets (November 16, 2011)
FT. LAUDERDALE, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 11/16/11 -- Data Governance Winter Conference
- Kalido, the leading independent provider of business-driven data governance solutions, today announced the latest release of the Kalido® Data Governance Director, which drives broader organizational participation to improve program success.
- The new release enables anyone in the organization to quickly and easily raise data issues.
- New policy requirements or updates can be tracked through issues logged by users anywhere in the organization.
- Raised issues can now be tracked from the time they are raised all the way to resolution.
- In a recent Kalido survey, 75% of respondents said they have no means to raise issues with bad data they encounter in their day to day jobs. This inability to fix data issues -- particularly persistent, recurring data issues -- can significantly impact the effectiveness of core business processes.
Democratizing Data Governance
- The latest release provides an instant, easy to use way to report data issues through a new web-based interface that can be easily embedded into any application or employee portal.
- Issues are automatically routed to data owners according to role and responsibility for triage and remediation. Automated monitoring tracks the progress of each issue.
- Triage is determined based on the owners of the data, system or business process most affected by the issue.
- Kalido's new capabilities bypass the need for a single triage owner responsible for routing all data issues -- typically found in issue management systems -- eliminating a critical bottleneck and enabling fast resolution.
A More Strategic Approach
- Today's budding data governance programs too often rely on manual orchestration to resolve data issues due to a lack of process-specific solutions to manage this time-consuming process. Kalido Data Governance Director automates and streamlines this time-intensive approach, operationalizing the program and minimizing manual effort.
- In addition, the latest release provides insight into issues logged -- allowing governance teams to view and analyze similar issues across the organization. As governance teams analyze emerging data patterns, they can identify the need for new or updated policies to address recurring issues more proactively.
Bill Hewitt, CEO at Kalido, said:
- "Governance teams know that to add value to the business process owners that consume data they have to do whatever it takes to improve data quality. Until now, these teams have had to do this manually or use tools ill-suited for this effort. By providing a level of process support that can be deployed across the organization, Kalido is giving these programs a fighting chance of not only fixing -- but improving data governance across the enterprise."
- Join our webinar, "A Roadmap from Data Management to Data Governance: You CAN Get There from Here!" on Thursday, November 17, 2011 at http://bit.ly/datagov-roadmap-webinar
- Download Kalido's Data Governance Maturity Report or take the Kalido Data Governance Maturity Assessment by visiting www.kalido.com/dgmaturity.htm
- Join the conversation by joining Kalido's online community, Kalido Connections, at www.kalidoconnections.com or following us on Twitter @kalido
- Visit the Kalido blog, "Kalido Conversations"
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1803963
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1803961
+1 781 202 3211
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: data governance, issue management, data quality, master data management, mdm, data management, Marketwire, , Environmental Technology, Business,