|Page (1) of 1 - 03/15/12||email article||print page|
KUSA Manufactures A Made in USA- Power over Ethernet, High Security Traffic Switch - Exceeds New Federal Security Guidelines for Industrial Networks(March 15, 2012)
Kansas City, Missouri (PRWEB) March 15, 2012
KUSA announces that its new KY-CSV3170EM Managed Traffic Ethernet Switch has been officially released, and is now being manufactured in Kansas City, Missouri. The Made in America All Gigabit Switch, which is field upgradable to Power Over Ethernet (IEEE802.3at 30 Watt), was designed and engineered in Kansas City, Missouri in conjunction with key traffic partners across the United States. The switch is rack or input file mountable and works in NEMA or non-NEMA traffic cabinets. KUSA is the original design team to innovate the Rack / File mountable Ethernet switches. The KY-CSV3170EM is a 10 Port: 8 X 10/100/1000Base (T) X RJ45 & 2 X 100/1000Base(X) Managed / Temperature Hardened Ethernet Switch (OPTIONAL POE) exclusively sold by Traffic Partners. The KY-CSV3170EM exceeds the new Federal Security Guidelines for Industrial Networks. The new switch has several innovative features not found on most switches:
1. The Gigabit RJ45 ports are field upgradable to Power Over Ethernet
a. POE Upgrade daughter cards for 4 or 8 ports of IEEE802.3at / 30 Watts
b. POE is backwards compatible with IEEE802.3af (15.4Watts)
c. Supports IEEE802.3az Green Scheduling for power conservation
2. Cyber Secure Video (CSV) for VLAN and Video Security
3. Clean Code Technology - Precision Coding for hardening devices against Virus, Bots and Hacker Attacks. (Lower Latency Times for the switch)
4. Embedded in silicon is the capability to automatically suppress Denial of Service (DOS) and Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks. (Shuts down Port)
5. Automatic Network Operator notification of attack
6. Lowest power consumption of any gigabit switch - the silicon chipset in our switch detects if a port is not being used or is running just 100Mbps and turns down the port power accordingly, saving the customer energy costs.
7. PORT POLICING (Meets new Federal Guidelines for Network Security)
a. The Ports can be turned off and locked
b. The Port can lock onto and record the MAC address or addresses connected to a particular port. If someone unplugs a cable and tries to use the port with another device the port is automatically turned OFF and the network operator notified.
c. The Port can lock onto and record the IP address or addresses connected to a particular port. If someone unplugs a cable and tries to use the port with another device the port is automatically turned OFF and the network operator notified.
d. The Port can lock onto and record both the IP/MAC address or addresses (HYBRID Mode) connected to a particular port. If someone unplugs a cable and tries to use the port with another device the port is automatically turned OFF and the network operator notified.
8. IEEE802.3az Green Scheduling saves power and maintenance costs. Included is the automatic keep alive monitoring frames for powered devices and remote automatic restart for end devices (Cameras, Radar etc..)
9. Built in Fiber Diagnostics (DDMI) for faster installation and monitoring of fiber network links to lower maintenance costs.
10. USB 2.0 Super Management Console Port
11. IGMP v1, v2, v3 & SNMPv1,v2,v3, MSTO, GVRP, NEMA TS-2
12. DHCP / Client & Server
By using the KUSA 3170 switch designed for use in a detector rack the City of Wichita, Kansas will save $22,000.00 this year in electricity costs alone compared to other vendors products. The Intelligent Traffic Project has put the City of Wichita in the forefront of the GREEN REVOLUTION and 21st Century Traffic Systems. When the traffic project is completed the City of Wichita, Kansas will have one of the most advanced traffic systems in the United States. The KUSA 3170 switch was selected as the winner in the following categories of switch selection:
- Green Operation Using the KUSA Traffic Switches, the City of Wichita saves $22,000.00 annually in electricity costs. (Smallest Carbon footprint of any Industrial Ethernet Switch)
- Ease of Installation the KY-CSV3170EM can be fully installed in less than 1 minute. This saves on both installation and maintenance costs.
- 5 Year Warranty KUSAs products come with a full 5 Year Warranty (not a fake lifetime warranty)
- Green Manufacturing RoHS manufactured
- Automatic Restart & Keep alive Monitoring for Cameras, Radios & Sensors
- Built in Fiber Diagnostics (DDMI) lowers maintenance costs.
- Best Performance best performance of any Industrial Switch in throughput and features
- ROI Based on electricity and installation costs the KY-CSV3170EM pays for itself in annual cost savings.
- Best Temperature Ratings (-40C ~ +80C) and IEC Certifications
- Best EMI or Electromagnetic Interference Rating (EMI Industrial Level 4)
- Best Ingress Protection IP40 Certified
- IEC 61850 Certified / IEEE 1613 Certified
- The KY-CSV3170EM Managed Ethernet Traffic switch offers a significant increase in the application and bandwidth capabilities of the highly configurable KUSA - KY line of Managed Industrial Ethernet switches. This is the perfect traffic switch for the deployment of bandwidth-intensive applications such as internal and external video surveillance at traffic intersections and regional control systems. This network switch can be installed in less than 1 minute into any traffic cabinet with an open dual slot in a detector input chassis. Clean filtered power is provided directly from the back-plane of the detector chassis and eliminates adding to the mess of additional power supplies and power cables within the traffic cabinet. The KUSA 3170 was developed and engineered in Kansas City, Missouri, and is the easiest and fastest to deploy Industrial Ethernet Traffic network switch. The 3170 is also the most Secure switch ever developed.
- Supports 2 X 100/1000 Base (X) - One Gigabit SFP Ports
- Supports 8 X 10/100/100 BASE (T) X RJ45 Ports
- Optional 4 or 8 port POE Daughter Cards (field upgradable)
o IEEE802.3af (15.4 Watts)
o IEEE802.3az (Green Scheduling for energy conservation)
- Available for both 12Vdc and 24Vdc cabinets (12Vdc is for NEMA cabinets)
- EZ Installation (slide it into the chassis and it immediately powers up)
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F)
- It Saves Space in already overcrowded cabinets and shelves.
- Easy IP-addressable connectivity
- Built-in Fiber Diagnostics (DDMI) for lower maintenance costs
- Ultra-Low Power Consumption, the switch uses less than 8 Watts
- 5th Generation Silicon for high reliability and low power consumption
- Supports both Rapid Spanning Tree and eRing for Redundancy
- Compatible with the interface requirements in the Caltrans TEES (170/332) specification.
- RoHS (Green product in design, manufacture and operation)
- Self-diagnostics on power-up
- Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP)
- Command Line Interface (CLI) or HTTP Web Interface
- High-energy transient port protection (IEC 61850 Certified)
- IP40 Protection / IEC61850 Certified
- 35 Year MTBF / Developed and Engineered in Kansas City, Missouri
- 5 Year Warranty
The KUSA KY-3170 Managed Industrial Ethernet Switch exceeds both the IEC 61850 and IEEE 1613 industry standards for traffic, substation and automation products. Hardened for harsh traffic control and substation applications, the KUSA KY-3170 Industrial Ethernet Switch is reliable at extended temperatures and has an EMI-resistant metal casing.
Operating Temperature: -40 to 80°C (-40 to 176°F) Storage Temperature: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)
The KUSA KY-3170 uses the powerful KUSA Industrial Operating System (KIOS) software that provides unsurpassed management, capabilities, security and redundancy. The KIOS software is designed for ease-of-use, offering features that include a GUI interface, secure web management, SNMP v2/v3 management control, 802.1p QoS Packet Prioritization, Port-based VLANs, and IGMP snooping and for managing IP multicasts. KUSA supports RADIUS and TACACS+, port security, a choice of multiple redundancy options including Dual Homing, Link-Loss-Learn, Rapid Spanning Tree (RSTP), as well as KUSAs rapid-ring-recovery eRing. .
KUSAs products are marketed worldwide through a network of direct sales, resellers, system integrators, manufacturers' representatives, and international distributors.
All of our KUSAs products are available for immediate delivery. Our products come with a 5 Year Warranty and a 35 Year MTBF. OEM and Private Label inquiries are welcome for any KUSA Product. We also provide custom engineering and manufacturing for non-KUSA products. More information is available on the company's website:
KUSA is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri and is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) and Minority Business Enterprise (MBE). We distribute products in the United States, Europe, Latin America and Canada. KUSA is a registered American Manufacturer. The company is well known for its leading edge technology products in the Industrial Ethernet marketplace. We build the largest SCADA networks, in the harshest environments around the world. The company also does OEM manufacturing of Industrial Ethernet products as well as the Private Labeling of products for various manufacturers and resellers. For more information on KUSA and its DYMEC, KY, KIOS, and EZ Traffic Networks product lines, visit or contact the company at our web site located at:
For More Information on the new KY-CSV3170EM Made in America Switch or EZ Traffic Networks family - Please Contact:
1107 SE Willow Place
Blue Springs, MO 64014
Telephone: (219) 595-2631
FAX: (480) 287-8605
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/3/prweb9286473.htm.
Related Keywords:economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), government aid, government debt, government contract, government health care, government, national government, government departments, non government organizations (NGO), computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, computer crime, restraint of trade, international (foreign) trade, trade dispute, trade agreements, trade policy, trade balance, social services, market research,