|Page (1) of 1 - 12/11/09||email article||print page|
JustAskGemalto.com Releases Latest Digital Security Video Warning Against Impending Cell Phone RisksPC Magazine Digital Security Expert Video Available on JustAskGemalto's YouTube Channel (December 11, 2009)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 12/11/09 -- As cell phones continue to evolve to provide more power to the user, it may only be a matter of time until cyber crooks use this same power to their advantage. Sascha Segan, Managing Editor of the PC Magazine Mobile, talks candidly with JustAskGemalto about the current and impending risks of mobile technology.
GigaOm recently reported on "The Future of Browsers" and the continued development of major desktop and mobile browsers stating, "The key battlefields will be access to innovative new technologies, browser performance, security and privacy, and the ability to browse from multiple, diverse devices." Segan discusses the ongoing growth of mobile devices and browsers and says, "No mobile platform is more secure than another... mobile security can be much more about you."
Details of JustAskGemalto's interview with Sascha Segan
- The biggest danger of cell phones lies in physical security of the phone, according to Segan
- Segan discusses the main difference between mobile and PC security
- Segan talks about a new technology in smartphones that allows consumers to wipe their phone of all data if necessary
- Segan's Digital Security Expert Video can be viewed at www.youtube.com/justaskgemalto
Quotes from PC Magazine, Sascha Segan
- "As people are storing more and more of their lives on their phone... you get into a situation where if someone gets a hold of your phone, they can get a hold of your life."
- "With mobile security a lot happens at the operator level... it happens with [for example] AT&T and Verizon."
- "We're going to see, especially in the next year, desktop class browsers... must then ask a question: Are the Web-based exploits we see on PCs going to start appearing on mobile phones?"
Continue following JustAskGemalto's Digital Security Expert Video Series for upcoming interviews with Computerworld, CrunchGear, Dishin Digital and the National Cyber Security Alliance.
- Smartphone Attacks Coming, Says RIM Security Exec - TechFragment.com, Wesley Roberts
- The global mobile industry needs a reality check - ZDNet, Jay Seaton
- Business continuity, mobility plans lacking, study finds - NetworkWorld, Ann Bednarz
- The nature of cybercrime is changing - FederalNewsRadio
We use electronic devices on a frequent, if not daily basis -- our PC or Mac, BlackBerry, iPhone, cell phone, epassport, credit card, and employee badge. They bring us freedom and convenience and we depend on these devices to carry and exchange our personal information. Along with this freedom comes the responsibility to safeguard our identity, personal data and financial transactions. www.JustAskGemalto.com answers consumer questions about how to better enjoy the conveniences of the digital world and how to secure one's digital identity and information while surfing, buying, traveling and communicating.
Youtube Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1135329
Montner & Associates for JustAskGemalto
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Mobile security, pc security, digital security, smartphones, PC Magazine, cell phone security, Computers/Peripherals, Communications, Digital Audio, Cell phone, Smart Phone, PDA, iPods, iphone, Mac, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Apple Computer, Financial, Communications Technology, Browsers,