|Page (1) of 1 - 11/27/09||email article||print page|
JustAskGemalto.com Announces Latest Digital Security Video on Black FridayMSNBC Digital Security Expert Video Released on JustAskGemalto's YouTube Channel (November 27, 2009)
AUSTIN, TX -- (Marketwire) -- 11/27/09 -- The busiest shopping days of the year, Black Friday and Cyber Monday, are prime targets for cyber criminals. To help shed light on this timely issue, JustAskGemalto continues their Digital Security Expert Series today by announcing the expert interview with MSNBC's Bob Sullivan on their YouTube channel. Sullivan, senior writer for MSNBC.com's Red Tape Chronicles Technology section, specializes in computer crime, electronic financial fraud, and privacy issues.
According to research from the National Retail Federation, almost 56% of consumers with Internet access will shop online during Cyber Monday. There is a need for people to be educated on the fact that "[cyber] criminals have figured out how to personalize attacks," said MSNBC.com's Bob Sullivan. "Next thing you know, you have a virus."
Details of JustAskGemalto's interview with Bob Sullivan
- Sullivan verbalizes his outlook on the best ways to take precaution when engaging online, particularly in social networks and while online banking
- Sullivan discusses his views on the future of cyber security awareness with consumers and businesses
- Sullivan's Digital Security Expert Video can be viewed at www.youtube.com/justaskgemalto
Quotes from MSNBC.com, Bob Sullivan
- "One thing about anti-virus software is it is a paradox in a way. Everyone should have it, everyone should keep it updated, but people should know it doesn't work."
- "Online banking for the most part has been good for consumers, just not 100% good. There are things to worry about, too."
- "Cyber security reform, as it evolves, in my opinion if it evolves correctly, will be a lot more proactive on the part of initiative groups and government."
- "It's time that we stop being surprised every time a new technology is abused by bad guys and hurts people."
Continue following JustAskGemalto's Digital Security Expert Video Series for upcoming interviews with Amazon, Computerworld, CrunchGear, National Cyber Security Alliance, and PC Magazine.
- Shopping on Cyber Monday? Beware the 12 Scams of Xmas - Fox News
- Cyber Monday is approaching - here are some holiday safety tips for online shopping - New York Daily News, Nicole Carter
- Cyber criminals lurk on social networking sites - San Jose Mercury News, Larry Magid
- Top Ten Black Friday Websites - PC World, Ian Paul
We use electronic devices on a frequent, if not daily basis -- our PC or Mac, BlackBerry, iPhone, cell phone, epassport, credit card, and employee badge. They bring us freedom and convenience and we depend on these devices to carry and exchange our personal information. Along with this freedom comes the responsibility to safeguard our identity, personal data and financial transactions. www.JustAskGemalto.com answers consumer questions about how to better enjoy the conveniences of the digital world and how to secure one's digital identity and information while surfing, buying, traveling and communicating.
Youtube Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1124828
Montner & Associates for JustAskGemalto
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Black Friday, Cyber Monday, online shopping, computer crime, electronic financial fraud, privacy issues, Computers/Peripherals,Internet,Computer,Digital Media Software,Communications,Digital Audio,Web,Cell phone,PDA,iPods,iphone,Security,Research,Video,Security,Networking,Internet,Security,Mac,OS9,OSX,Marketwire,Apple Computer,Financial,Communications Technology,Internet Technology,Internet,Social Networking,