|Page (1) of 1 - 02/07/12||email article||print page|
Juniper Networks Introduces New Universal Access Solution to Improve Reliability and Profitability of Mobile NetworksIndustry's Highest Performing Access Solution Converges Mobile Backhaul With Residential and Business Access Networks (February 07, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/07/12 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today introduced its Universal Access solution that is designed to support more mobile calls and transactions with fewer dropped calls, while also improving network utilization and revenue opportunities for service providers.
With residential, business and mobile networks traditionally relying on separate access points, the Juniper Networks® Universal Access solution uniquely enables service providers to converge wired and wireless network access to deliver a superior subscriber experience while lowering the total cost of operating, maintaining and updating the network infrastructure.
More than one billion active mobile broadband subscribers worldwide are using bandwidth-intensive applications like cloud computing and video telephony, placing significant demands on network reliability and profitability. Juniper Networks ACX Series Universal Access Routers is a family of next-generation access routers that addresses these new network imperatives with up to three times the total throughput of competitive solutions, while creating a seamless end-to-end service delivery platform that can grow and adapt to changing subscriber expectations and traffic demands.
Extending the benefits of the Juniper Networks Universal Edge solution, Universal Access converges networks for capital and operational savings, provides optimal flexibility in traffic management to keep up with dynamic subscriber requirements, and provides an open platform for faster service innovation and third-party interworking.
Highlights of Juniper Networks Universal Access Routers:
- Unlocks greater revenue potential of networks with the industry's first fully integrated end-to-end solution for mobile access networks, as well as residential and business networks
- Industry's highest throughput at 60 Gbps and industry's only 10 Gbps capable access router; future-proofs mobile access networks by addressing growing bandwidth needs with seamless migration from 2G to 3G and 4G/LTE
- Extends operational intelligence and simplicity using seamless MPLS from the network core and edge to the access network
- Proven and deployed network timing for better network utilization with support for more calls, fewer dropped calls and more data transported with fewer retransmissions
- Environmentally hardened with passive cooling to provide high reliability with no moving parts
- The complete Universal Access and Edge solution is powered by Juniper Networks' single operating system, Junos®, with network management and analysis enabled by Junos Space®, which further reduces management expense with rapid problem identification and resolution
- Open, standards-based management system with SDK-enabled programmability, allowing better interoperability with radio vendors and a broader suite of tools and solutions for network insight and control
"Juniper's new Universal Access solution is very promising. The ability to seamlessly support our customers with new cost-effective MPLS that enables rapid and reliable service delivery with network monitoring is a very compelling story to our operations team. As a converged carrier with Juniper's MPLS solutions already widely deployed on our network, we expect to achieve an unprecedented reduction in our capital and operating expenses while providing our customers with the most advanced mobile and wireline services powered by the proven operating system, Junos."
- Igor Semenov, deputy chief of networks development department, Rostelecom Volga
"Juniper's new Universal Access solution is optimized for our varied deployment and low maintenance requirements. Given our weather extremes, we are excited about the environmental hardening including passive cooling, extraordinary reliability metrics and the power over Ethernet. By using the same Junos operating system we run on our Juniper Networks MX Series routers, we can seamlessly support our customers in a new cost-effective way by enabling rapid and reliable service delivery."
- Daniel Kerschbaum, senior manager, IP & Transmission Engineering, Alaska Communications
Nokia Siemens Networks
"We are adding the new Juniper ACX Series to our portfolio supporting the IP access and aggregation network. In fact, we have developed an application via the Junos SDK to make the routers aware of microwave capacities in real-time to further improve the user experience in mobile broadband networks. This approach supports our Liquid Transport offerings in terms of optimal capacity use and management."
- Marc Rouanne, head of networks systems, Nokia Siemens Networks
"It is clear from our recent research that Ethernet and MPLS are favored by mobile operators as primary cell site backhaul connection protocols. This means that the new Juniper ACX Series with support for both Ethernet access/aggregation and MPLS should be appealing to operators. I'm sure many operators will want to evaluate the ACX Series' option of seamless MPLS for simplifying core through access operations, as well as the integrated timing/synchronization manager, and the new network management/analysis tools based on Junos Space."
- Michael Howard, co-founder and principal analyst, Infonetics Research
"With a focus on improving the total subscriber experience and the economic viability of the mobile network, Juniper has prioritized investments in innovations that make extraordinary leaps in service delivery and operator profitability. Our new Universal Access solution works hand-in-hand with our innovative Universal Edge to deliver the industry's first fully integrated end-to-end solution that dramatically improves total service reliability and enables higher revenue generation of the mobile network while lowering total operating costs."
- Rami Rahim, senior vice president and general manager, Edge and Aggregation Business Unit, Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks ACX Series Universal Access Routers will be available for orders beginning in Q2 2012. For more information about Juniper Networks' Universal Access solution, please refer to the following resources:
- ACX Series: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/routing/acx-series
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Juniper Networks, Application Acceleration, security, networking security, switches, Applications,Security,Networking,Business Issues,Cloud Computing,infrastructure,Management,USA,Marketwire, Inc., ,Business,Family,Other,