|Page (1) of 1 - 11/22/11||email article||print page|
Juniper Networks Honored With Oracle Eco-Enterprise Innovation Award(November 22, 2011)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/22/11 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, and Knowledge Global, a Junos developer, today announced that they were awarded a 2011 Oracle Eco-Enterprise Innovation award at the Oracle OpenWorld conference in San Francisco. The Oracle Eco-Enterprise Innovation awards were presented to select Oracle customers and their partners who used Oracle products to reduce costs and improve business efficiencies using green business practices.
- Juniper Networks, through its developer program, worked with Knowledge Global in providing a software tool to build a proof of concept integrating Junos Space and Knowledge Global's sustainability reporting tool EMMA (Environmental Measurement and Management Application).
- Juniper Networks is reducing its carbon footprint by designing reliable, quality products and services that are environmentally responsible throughout all phases of their life cycle.
- Crucial to Juniper Networks' successful eco-efficiency practice has also been its ability to consolidate efforts across multiple devices within a single network.
- Juniper Networks is committed to meeting green standards within the industry and continues to lead by example by measuring and reporting on the standardized Energy Consumption Rating efficiency metric for each defined product class.
- The Oracle Eco-Enterprise Innovation awards are part of the Oracle Excellence Awards, which recognize customers and partners who have excelled at driving business value and innovation with Oracle technology.
"Juniper Networks' most significant impact on the environment is through our products and services. We are honored to receive an Oracle Eco-Enterprise award for our dedication to providing customers with energy efficient products and services that deliver sustainable benefits to operations and the global community."
- Ivan Vojvodic, senior director, Juniper Networks
"Juniper Networks' innovative efforts to proactively implement eco-friendly standards leveraging Oracle technology have resulted in recognition by others in the industry who are beginning to adopt similar practices. We are very pleased to recognize Juniper Networks as one of our Eco-Enterprise Innovation winners for their excellence in championing green business practices to help reduce costs and improve efficiencies."
- Jon Chorley, chief sustainability officer, Oracle
- Photos/Videos/Graphics: http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/green/eco-enterprise-awards-2011-517494.html
- Juniper Corporate Social Responsibility: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/company/citizenship-sustainability/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About the Oracle Excellence Awards
Excellence. It's what drives Oracle and its customers and partners to continually discover innovative uses for Oracle technology and to deploy successful and ground-breaking solutions and best practices. In recognition of this, Oracle has created the Oracle Excellence Awards to honor our customers and partners who have excelled at driving business value and innovation with Oracle technology. Full details on the award categories and the application process are available on our Website.
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle Corporation and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Juniper Networks, Application Acceleration, security, networking security, switches, Security, Networking, Business Issues, Management, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Other,