|Page (1) of 1 - 05/17/12||email article||print page|
Juniper Networks Gains Momentum for Junosphere With New Customers, Partners and Product EnhancementsVirtual, On-Demand Service for Network Testing, Design and Training Significantly Reduces Costs and Speeds Service Delivery (May 17, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/17/12 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced customer momentum and milestones for Junosphere, its first-of-a-kind cloud offering that allows service providers and enterprises to create and operate networks on-demand, in a risk-free virtual environment. Junosphere enables network lab exercises at a scale that is practically impossible to achieve with physical equipment.
More than 500 users, at companies including NEC México and Proteus Networks, are leveraging Junosphere to perform training, design or testing exercises on virtual networks running the Junos® operating system, dramatically reducing the cost, complexity and power consumption associated with a physical lab. Juniper Networks also announced an expansion of its Junosphere partner ecosystem with the integration of Ixia's IxVM into the Junosphere virtual environment. New enhancements are also available with Junosphere, making the service even easier for customers to use.
- NEC México, a leading provider of Internet, broadband network and enterprise business solutions, is using Junosphere Lab to provide America Movil, a leading wireless services provider in Latin America, with training on the Junos operating system and routing functionalities. By using Junosphere Lab, NEC México was able to provide America Movil with an efficient alternative to training in traditional equipment labs, thereby maximizing their employees' ability to train on complex network scenarios without time restrictions and regardless of their location.
- Proteus, a premier provider of training and services for organizations and individuals, is utilizing Junosphere Lab to offer an expert level Juniper Networks Certification course to networking professionals. Instead of owning and operating physical labs, as it had previously done, Proteus was able to reduce CAPEX and OPEX expenses by purchasing a bank of Junosphere time which it now allocates to students.
- Several of the world's largest MSOs and telecom operators are leveraging Junosphere to help test and design their MPLS core networks for faster and more cost effective transport with Juniper Networks® PTX Series Converged Supercore Packet Transport Switches.
- On average, customers using Junosphere Lab can speed modeling projects by over 30 percent and lower total cost of ownership by as much as 90 percent when compared to the alternative of building a physical lab(1).
- Ixia, an industry leader in converged IP network testing solutions, is the newest partner working with Juniper Networks to provide customers with more network design and testing options. Junosphere Lab users can perform extensive pre-deployment testing using Ixia's IxVM at no additional cost within the Junosphere virtual environment. The IxVM virtual traffic generation and protocol emulation platform uses the same technology and analysis tools as Ixia's hardware product potfolio.
- Junosphere customers now have access to applications and products from an ecosystem of partners, including those from Cariden Technologies, Mu Dynamics, Packet Design, Spirent Communications and WANDL. These partner applications and products facilitate highly realistic testing and modeling, giving Junosphere customers a comprehensive lab experience.
New Junosphere Highlights
- Juniper Networks now offers additional enhancements to Junosphere Lab, making it easier for all customers and partners to use. New features include:
- A new graphical user interface (GUI) based on Junos Space, making Junosphere Lab navigation and operation simple and intuitive for new users. The new GUI also gives customers the ability to directly control their accounts and resources, including adding users, defining privileges and making reservations.
- Fifty percent more cloud capacity, allowing more concurrent users, larger network topologies and facilitating flexible scheduling.
- The ability to accept credit card payments for blocks of time and access to virtual machines, increasing availability and ease of use for Junosphere Classroom and Lab customers.
Demonstrations of Junosphere Lab will be available at the upcoming Cable Show conference in Boston, MA, taking place May 21-23.
"Junosphere Lab provides us with a revolutionary approach to training that meets the specialized needs of our diverse and global base of customers. Junosphere Lab was the natural choice for us because it leverages the power of the cloud, reducing our own power consumption for training sessions and our reliance on overburdened physical network labs."
- Alfredo Robles Limon, IP Specialist, NEC México
"Through Junosphere Lab, Proteus is one of the first Juniper educational partners to offer students time in a virtual environment for their JNCIE course work. Instead of investing resources and time in owning and operating physical labs, we can now invest more in training that is easily accessible to networking professionals globally."
- Andrew Green, director of education services, Proteus Networks
"The integration of IxVM will for the first time enable customers to build and validate complex virtualized network topologies with highly scalable protocol emulation and industry-leading traffic generation from within Junosphere's cloud. This integrated approach allows users to validate network and application delivery infrastructure design, test live migration and measure network convergence from within Junosphere."
- Deepesh Arora, senior director, product management, Ixia
"Since launching Junosphere Lab just a few months ago, we've gained tremendous customer traction and partner momentum and have seen users log over 1 million virtual machine hours in the Junosphere environment. Customers are truly excited about the astounding economic and operational benefits they are seeing from using Junosphere Lab. We are proud of the disruptive innovation we are able to bring to the industry as we continue to offer enhanced value for our customers who are looking to model, test and design their networks at any scale."
- Judy Beningson, vice president and general manager, Virtual Junos Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Junosphere: http://www.juniper.net/junosphere
- Purchase Junosphere: https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=5735
- Juniper Networks at The Cable Show: http://2012.thecableshow.com/Schedule/Session/1007
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/JuniperNetworks/
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and Junosphere are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
(1) "Economic Impact of Junosphere: Understanding the Cost Benefits of Cloud-Based Network Modeling" author, ACG Research, 2011.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Juniper Networks, Application Acceleration, security, networking security, switches, Office Equipment, Applications, Education, Security, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Security, Internet Server Applications, Management, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Internet Technology, Business, Internet, Other,