|Page (1) of 1 - 06/14/12||email article||print page|
Juniper Networks Furthers Country's Technology Leadership Through US Ignite PartnershipInitiative Focuses on Network Broadband and Software Defined Networking to Accelerate Growth in Healthcare, Public Safety and Small Business (June 14, 2012)
WASHINGTON, DC -- (Marketwire) -- 06/14/12 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, announced its partnership with US Ignite during the initiative's launch today at the White House. The public-private partnership aims to drive innovation that furthers the technology leadership of the United States while enhancing the way people live and work. As part of the US Ignite partnership, Juniper Networks will serve on the US Ignite Board and help set the strategy for key initiatives, including decisions on the types of projects and developer events that will be supported through the program.
- The US Ignite initiative will focus on catalyzing 60 highly advanced, next-generation applications that leverage ultra-fast networks over the next five years in a number of sectors including education and workforce development, advanced manufacturing, health IT, transportation, public safety and clean energy.
- Juniper Networks, along with other members of the partnership, will be responsible for convening, connecting and supporting startups, local governments, universities and community programs to inspire innovative solutions to improve quality of life.
- To help kick off the initiative, Juniper is hosting a reception to bring together technology, university, non-profit and government stakeholders on June 14. Media may register for the event at http://usignite.eventbrite.com/
"US Ignite is pleased to partner with Juniper Networks, a company that has been leading the charge on architecting the new network to improve the economics and experience of networking through high-performance infrastructures. By simultaneously simplifying and opening up the network, Juniper has a unique proposition that resonates with network builders, operators and developers alike, making them a key player in this initiative."
-Sue Spradley, executive director, US Ignite
"Internet2 applauds Juniper's strong support of US Ignite and the initiative's broader goals to expand open standards-based tools for Software Defined Networking. The next generation of advanced applications for research, science and education will emerge from innovations that occur when applications begin to have better control of their underlying networks. Juniper's commitment is an important statement to the networking community about the need to enable network innovation."
-Rob Vietzke, vice president for Network Services, Internet2
"Network advances are opening up a world of new possibilities, and US Ignite will serve to mobilize innovation that takes full advantage of increased capabilities, bandwidth and speed. Juniper is excited about its role in helping drive long-term strategy and program direction for US Ignite, with the end goal of fostering collaboration between industry and government that leads to new and improved services at local and national levels."
- Stefan Dyckerhoff, executive vice president, Platform Systems Division, Juniper Networks
- Learn more about US Ignite: http://us-ignite.org/
- Juniper.Net Community
- Juniper on Twitter
- Juniper on Facebook
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Juniper Networks, Manufacturing,Applications,Manufacturing/Production,Manufacturing,Education,Networking,USA,Marketwire, Inc.,Environmental Technology,Green Technology,Business,Science,Other,