|Page (1) of 1 - 05/02/12||email article||print page|
Juniper Networks Enables Secure Enterprise Network Access From Any Device Without Burdening IT ManagersEnhanced Simply Connected Portfolio Simplifies and Secures Bring-Your-Own-Device With Holistic Approach to Unified Policy and Mobile Access (May 02, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/02/12 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, announced additions to its Simply Connected portfolio available today that simplify and secure mobile device access to enterprise networks. With new unified policy enforcement that is simplified and automated, IT managers can now set and automatically enforce consistent security and access policies across every wired, wireless and mobile connection from company-issued, personal and guest devices. This new approach ultimately reduces the burden on IT managers who struggle with bring-your-own-device (BYOD) administration and security enforcement access policies.
As the influx of personal devices accessing corporate networks, clouds and applications continues to disrupt enterprise environments, IT managers are faced with new security challenges that bring emerging, complex threats from mobile devices and new end-user applications.
Unlike solutions built for traditional networks with static policies and inconsistent enforcement, Juniper's unified policy enforcement provides IT managers with granular control over user access to enterprise networks based on who they are, where they are, what applications they are using, and from what device.
- New products and features in the Simply Connected Portfolio provide a holistic approach to security, unified policy and mobile access and include:
- Juniper Networks® SRX550 Services Gateway: combines security, routing and switching in a single, consolidated and high-performance form for medium to large branch deployments.
- SRX110 Services Gateway: a consolidated, cost-effective networking and security platform for enterprise and commercial small branch environments.
- WLA322 and WLA321 Series Wireless LAN Access Points: are two new full-featured enterprise class access points at entry-level price points for low-to-medium density environments.
- Junos® Pulse Access Control Service/UAC and Junos Pulse Secure Access Service/SSL VPN deliver enhanced endpoint device integrity checks, assessment and security provisioning for Mac OS, iOS and Android devices. The Junos Pulse solution coordinates policy enforcement throughout the network, enabling IT to identify, on-board, secure and manage all personal, corporate-issued and guest devices and meet organization security and access policy requirements.
- Updates to AppSecure in the latest Junos software release across the entire SRX Series product family now enable enforcement of application security and control based on the user versus device, allowing for consistent enforcement regardless of location or device not possible with other IP-based enforcement solutions.
"As a global leader in video collaboration, the network is a critical part of all that we do. Juniper's Simply Connected portfolio is easy to deploy and manage with limited IT staff. As we continue to build out our mobile infrastructure, we are confident that our network can deliver the performance we need while simplifying and securing access for our employees, and their personal and corporate-issued mobile devices."
- Dan Case, IT director, Polycom
"With Juniper's Simply Connected portfolio we can not only deliver a complete enterprise portfolio of security, switching, routing and WLAN, but benefit from tight integration of these products enabling a seamless and secure solution for our customers."
- Rodney Turner, CEO, Layer3 Communications
"As businesses seek to secure data from a mobile and distributed workforce, unified policy enforcement and granular control over user access to their networks will be key to protecting data."
- Christine Liebert, senior analyst, Security Services, IDC
"IT managers are trying to cope with the influx of mobile devices into the workplace. Juniper's holistic approach advances security, simplifies the user experience and expands device support. With these enhancements to our Simply Connected portfolio, Juniper sets a new standard for comprehensive policy enforcement delivering an end-to-end solution that integrates switching, routing and wireless to provide secure access for the entire enterprise."
- Alex Gray, senior vice president and general manager, Juniper Networks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Juniper Networks, Application Acceleration, security, networking security, switches, Applications, Security, Networking, Business Issues, Threats, Administration, Wireless, Application security, Policy, Administration, Policy, Software/Systems Mgmt, Mac, OS9, OSX, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Business, Family, Other,