|Page (1) of 1 - 02/27/12||email article||print page|
Juniper Networks Defines Three Key Imperatives for a Trusted, Reliable and Profitable Mobile NetworkCEO Kevin Johnson to Show How Secure, Programmable Networks With Symmetrical Performance Will Fuel Revenue Growth for Service Providers (February 27, 2012)
SUNNYVALE, CA and BARCELONA, SPAIN -- (Marketwire) -- 02/27/12 -- Kevin Johnson, CEO of Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, will outline at Mobile World Congress 2012 the steps necessary to ensure that the mobile network is ready to deliver on its full potential for innovative service creation and operator profitability for the next decade.
With the number of mobile broadband subscriptions increasing by more than 340 percent over the past five years, the mobile network has experienced seismic changes that are driving the need for a new approach to meet continued growth in demand while creating additional revenue sources. In a new study commissioned by Juniper Networks, "Mobile Internet 3.0," Chetan Sharma Consulting sees operators increasingly separated into haves and have-nots, with success based on building long-term subscriber value through innovation and service creation.
Johnson's keynote at Mobile World Congress will define and demonstrate the major opportunities to create innovation and value in the mobile industry during the next decade, guided by three key imperatives:
1. Establish a cross-industry Trusted Mobility initiative to allow subscribers, enterprises and operators to protect, manage and secure their data from the device to the data center.
2. Create an Open, Programmable Network to develop and deploy innovative, personalized and profitable new mobile services.
3. Build a Symmetrical Internet, where the upload of data and video is supported equal to the download.
Juniper Networks Highlights Innovation Imperatives at Mobile World Congress:
- Trusted Mobility is Juniper's vision of a safer, more reliable mobile experience that empowers consumers, businesses and service providers to realize the true potential of mobility to transform how we interact with the world. With more than one billion active mobile broadband subscribers worldwide, Johnson views Trusted Mobility as an industry-wide benchmark and success factor for continued growth.
Juniper Networks recently released its "2011 Malicious Mobile Threats Report," which showed the continuing rise of malware and its impact on businesses, governments, service providers and subscribers. According to the report, mobile device users can expect to see a dramatic increase in malware and notable advancements in malware-related attacks in the coming year.
Juniper Networks® Junos® Pulse addresses the increasing threat to mobile users and devices with a comprehensive device protection and management solution that enables a highly scalable SaaS (Security as a Service) offering available for smart phones and tablets, while Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways deliver high-performance security solutions for enterprises and service providers in an easily managed platform.
- With an Open, Programmable Network, operators will be able to not only drive increased operational efficiencies, but also personalize services and shift business models towards value-based pricing. For example, with mobile cloud services and security applications potentially adding up to $5 a month in additional revenue per user, and new mobile health applications adding up to $30 a month in many markets, operators can become service innovators and drive data profitability.
As service providers modernize their networks to handle data traffic growth and evolving subscriber behaviors, the ability to improve network efficiency and accelerate new service introductions is critical. With its ongoing commitment to meet customer needs, Juniper Networks recently introduced its ACX Universal Access Routing solution which extends network intelligence closer to the subscriber and features an open, standards-based management system with SDK-enabled programmability to enable rapid third party innovation. These capabilities enable key Juniper partners to further enhance their solutions and help service providers better address the ever-changing demands of the dynamic mobile marketplace.
- A third requirement for innovation is a Symmetrical Internet that supports the upload traffic capacity and security with the same bandwidth that is allocated for the download traffic. AT&T Senior Executive Vice President for Technology and Network Operations John Donovan recently highlighted that their customers who attended Super Bowl XLVI created and uploaded nearly 40 percent more data than they downloaded, showcasing the continuing evolution of wireless services.
Designed to meet the increasingly dynamic traffic patterns of a smartphone-centric world, Juniper Networks MobileNext Broadband Gateway is enabling service providers around the world to exceed the mobile quality, reliability and speed expectations of its subscribers. With 4G/LTE performance validated by EANTC, MobileNext builds in higher scalability and lower network management expenses for improved operator profitability.
Highlighting the important goal of a symmetrical Internet experience, Juniper partner OnLive, a pioneer of on-demand instant-action cloud computing and gaming services is leveraging Juniper's switching and routing solutions, powered by the proven reliability of the Junos® operating system, to deliver an unparalleled interactive platform. For OnLive customers, a symmetrical Internet with equal bidirectional traffic speeds and capacities is critical to delivering a real-time interactive gaming experience.
Juniper Networks CEO Kevin Johnson is scheduled to deliver his keynote presentation at Mobile World Congress on Thursday, March 1 at 9:30 am CET.
"As one of Canada's largest telecommunications services providers with more than seven million wireless subscribers, the reliability of our service and the security of our subscribers is an area where we are continuously investing and innovating. Juniper's Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite gives us the ability to provide both security and control for our subscribers, which improves customer satisfaction and our bottom line."
-Yogen Appalraju, vice president, TELUS Security Solutions
"Our customers expect a seamless gaming and business application experience whether they are on a desktop or using a mobile device. Juniper's vision and concentration on the importance of further innovating and architecting the Internet for equal download and upload time is key to realizing the full potential of the mobile Internet."
-Steve Perlman, founder and CEO, OnLive, Inc.
"The next generation of mobile interactive applications has the potential to create significant new sources of revenue for service providers, but lowering the cost of the network infrastructure is the second piece of the profitability puzzle for operators. To reach their potential, mobile operators will turn to trusted partners like Juniper to deliver richer, more interactive services that they can monetize while lowering the cost of building and maintaining the network."
-Brian Partridge, vice president, Yankee Group
"The race is on to create and deliver the next wave of applications and services. In the decade ahead, we will experience new mobile services that we have never before imagined. By focusing our innovation efforts around the three imperatives of open, programmable networks, trusted mobility and creating a symmetrical Internet, the amazing Internet innovations that we have seen in the past 10 years will pale in comparison to what we will create in the next decade."
-Kevin Johnson, CEO, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks at Mobile World Congress 2012: www.juniper.net/mwc
- Juniper Blog: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/community/blogs/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net).
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and Trusted Mobility and MobileNext are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Juniper Networks, Application Acceleration, security, networking security, switches, Applications, Security, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Cloud Computing, Threats, Wireless, Telecommunications, Security, Internet Server Applications, infrastructure, application services, Management, CEO/CFO, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Internet/Web, Business, Internet, Broadband, USA, Spain, Marketwire, Inc., , Internet Technology, Biology, Business, Internet, Other,