|Page (1) of 1 - 06/19/12||email article||print page|
Joyent Offers Free Cloud Infrastructure Software So Enterprises Can Run Self-Service Clouds in Their Own Data Centers"Better Way" Initiative Provides a One-Year Production License to SmartDataCenter, the Cloud Infrastructure Technology Proven in the Joyent Public Cloud (June 19, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 06/19/12 -- Joyent, the cloud infrastructure performance company, today announced free access to its private cloud infrastructure software, SmartDataCenter. Enterprise customers can quickly stand up a high-performance private cloud with a production license of Joyent SmartDataCenter, the modern infrastructure software that powers Joyent Cloud. The license offer provides companies the ability to stand up a fully functional cloud in their data center in a single afternoon.
"For the first time, enterprises can run a true public cloud inside their data center, providing the kind of functionality that developers demand while maintaining full control over their infrastructure and applications," said Steve Tuck, SVP and General Manager of Joyent. "This allows corporate IT to be a better service provider than AWS."
Joyent SmartDataCenter is the only cloud infrastructure software designed and tested at scale in a public cloud: Joyent Cloud, the high-performance, mission-critical environment that powers mobile applications, e-commerce sites, social networks and online games for customers like LinkedIn, Voxer, and ModCloth. SmartDataCenter is also the only industrial-strength cloud infrastructure that offers a single cloud stack, built from the ground up to power today's data intensive real time (DIRTy) web and mobile applications.
Customers who have moved to the Joyent Cloud from conventional cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services, Softlayer or Rackspace have reported significant performance gains since making the switch.
"We tested the Joyent Cloud when we were using other public cloud services, and we could immediately see how much faster Joyent's infrastructure was running. That's important for a rapidly growing online retail company like ours, where every millisecond of wait time impacts our customers' shopping experience," said Blake Irvin, Systems Engineering Manager at ModCloth, the popular clothing site.
For over 20,000 global customers, Joyent has developed its cloud infrastructure based on a singular vision of creating a highly scalable and cost effective platform for the next generation of web and mobile applications where downtime thresholds are measured in seconds, not days.
Joyent's Better Way Initiative provides customers with an instant download of Joyent SmartDataCenter for a period of one year.
Joyent SmartDataCenter cloud infrastructure software stands apart from any other infrastructure software by offering these unique advantages:
- World's most modern, efficient architecture, which uses 30% less hardware compared to any other cloud software, and means sharply reduced hardware and capital costs combined with superior performance
- Unmatched performance that is 3 to 14 times faster than standard operating systems
- Infinite scalability without loss in efficiency, which means doubling the number of servers delivers more than double the performance, compared to other virtualization solutions that erode performance gains from additional hardware
- Superior security that surpasses other multi-tenant virtualization solution by providing the only double-hulled virtualization infrastructure software available. Joyent SmartDataCenter "containers" protect each customer's data in their own exclusive container.
- Unmatched performance visibility through Cloud Analytics that measure latency at every level of the software stack, from kernel through to the application serving the end user
Companies wishing to try Joyent's cloud software for their own private cloud can download it here.
Joyent Media Contact
The Hoffman Agency
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: enterprise cloud, on-premise cloud, hybrid cloud, infrastructure-as-a-service, Applications,Security,Computer Technology,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Cloud Computing,Mobile Devices,Security,Internet Server Applications,E-Commerce,infrastructure,Cloud infrastructure,Public cloud,Marketwire,Internet Technology,Game Technology,Computer Science,Online Games,Other,