|Page (1) of 1 - 10/25/11||email article||print page|
Joyent Extends Global Reach and Gains Momentum Through Addition of SmartDataCenter Customers Around the WorldWide Adoption of Joyent's Cloud Software Hits Quick Stride (October 25, 2011)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/25/11 -- Joyent, the global provider of cloud computing software and services, today announced that top service providers and systems integrators in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North America have adopted and deployed the recently released SmartDataCenter 6.5 (SDC) cloud infrastructure and management product.
Service providers and systems integrators are using the cloud infrastructure software that runs Joyent Cloud, Joyent's public cloud, to provide cloud services to their customers or to deploy private clouds.
"Service providers and enterprises around the world are demanding a superior alternative to the status quo in cloud deployment and management software," said David Young, Founder and CEO of Joyent. "Customers are choosing our cloud software because it enables them to deploy faster and subsequently run their clouds more efficiently, profitably, and reliably than they could on other cloud management options in the market."
SmartDataCenter has powered Joyent Cloud for six years, making its public cloud a living showcase that sets it apart from other cloud software providers.
Some of Joyent's cloud software customers and the regions in which they operate include:
- MITAC INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. This systems integrator provides public cloud services via its MiCloud service to enterprises and small and medium sized businesses in Taiwan. It also uses MiCloud to run its IT projects for clients in the government, public transportation, education, health care, gaming and ecommerce industries. MiTAC will also make SDC available to other service providers wishing to deliver public cloud services to their customers.
- CLUSTERTECH. Providing public cloud services in Hong Kong and China via its Fengqi.Asia service to enterprises and small and medium sized businesses, including game, media, mobile and social entertainment networks, ClusterTech will also distribute SmartDataCenter cloud software to service providers, data center operators and systems integrators who offer cloud services to their customers.
- FIRST SERVER. This subsidiary of Yahoo! Japan delivers public cloud services to its existing hosting customers in Japan via its public cloud, Z Cloud, and will provide Platform-as-a-Service based on Node.js to Japanese developers, enterprises, and mobile operators.
- NAVLINK. This established EMEA-based managed ICT company provides public and private cloud services to enterprise customers. NavLink will also license SDC to telecom operators and service providers in the region.
- UNISERVE. Canada's largest ISP provides public cloud services to game and social media developers, as well as to enterprises throughout Canada.
- LIBERO. An ISP in Italy that runs the largest Italian portal, Libero.it, Libero provides public cloud services to small and medium enterprises and uses the cloud to improve its portal business.
- SERVUS. Turkey's largest systems integrator with more than 1000 employees and 62 offices, will provide public and private cloud services to Turkish government, banking and the financial sector.
- ANISE ASIA. A XYBASE partner, ANISE ASIA provides public cloud services through its StarAnise public cloud, and will license SmartDataCenter to customers throughout South East Asia.
Joyent's SmartDataCenter customers have universally chosen SmartDataCenter for the following benefits:
- Time-to-Market. Service providers have been getting up and running quickly with SmartDataCenter, which was designed for rapid deployment and to deliver carrier-grade services.
- More Cloud, Less Overhead. SmartDataCenter delivers the highest performance with standard hardware, saves on storage due to local storage availability, and enables higher multi-tenancy with a more efficient virtualization technology.
- Better performance for demanding customers. Joyent's high performing OS-based virtualization, and cloud analytics that provide unmatched visibility into network and compute resources, mean that service providers can troubleshoot and fix problems before they affect SLAs.
- Tools to serve gaming and M2M markets. Service providers can give their customers the best platform to support the rapidly expanding gaming and M2M market segments.
- All the elements to provide a PaaS and serve developer communities. Service providers who want to provide a PaaS to their developer customers have all of the components to run a PaaS using SmartDataCenter.
"Businesses across the globe are seeking technology innovation to deliver quicker time to market and competitive advantage but without strains on budget or IT management bandwidth," said Dr. WaiMo Suen, CEO of ClusterTech. "Joyent is the only cloud software provider that also runs a public cloud, so they offer proven cloud software and services to quickly meet the requirements of our clients."
Joyent Media Contact
The Hoffman Agency
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Joyent, Health Care, Education, Storage, Security, Internet, Business Issues, Hardware, Cloud Computing, Services, Software, Misc, Networks, Security, Security, Social Media, IT Management, infrastructure, service level agreements, Cloud infrastructure, Public cloud, Management, CEO/CFO, Canada, China, Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Italy, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), HP, Financial, Internet Service Providers, Medical, Computer Science, Business, Entertainment, Internet Information Provider, middle east, china, Other,