|Page (1) of 1 - 02/23/12||email article||print page|
Ixia Introduces Ground-Breaking Product for Measuring the Resiliency and Security of Mobile Internet NetworksNew IxLoad-Attack Capabilities Showcased at MWC and RSA (February 23, 2012)
CALABASAS, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/23/12 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, today announced the industry's first application that validates mobile Internet security end-to-end -- from the handset to the data center. By generating massive, city-scale application and attack traffic over LTE infrastructures, IxLoad-Attack allows service providers to find previously impossible-to-detect infrastructure vulnerabilities and weaknesses before they can be exploited on live networks. Ixia will demonstrate IxLoad-Attack's capabilities at Mobile World Congress 2012 in Hall 1, Stand 1E47 from February 27 - March 1, and at the RSA Conference 2012 in booth 2545 from February 28 - March 2.
Mobile network cyber-attacks will grow significantly over the next 24 months, driven by the proliferation of smart devices, and are increasingly launched from social network services. Distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks are one of the fastest growing threats in mobile networks. Mobile operators with weak security strategies risk degraded service quality, network downtime, and put customer assets at risk. Today's general lack of security on client devices make them vulnerable to mobile malware attacks. With the introduction of IxLoad-Attack for wireless, Ixia has developed a ground-breaking product to measure the resiliency and performance of wireless network security.
IxLoad-Attack evaluates the performance of network security devices, validating that they effectively and accurately block security attacks while delivering a high end-user quality of experience (QoE) to valid subscriber applications. IxLoad-Attack evaluates standalone or embedded security perimeter devices such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS), anti-virus/anti-spam, URL filters, and VPN gateways. It can generate a massive amount of city-scale, converged, real-world voice/video/data traffic combined with malicious elements designed to compromise the network. With IxLoad-Attack, a mobile network or device can be evaluated against thousands of unique attacks and evasion techniques to find previously hidden infrastructure vulnerabilities before they are exploited -- protecting customer data, financial holdings, and brand reputation. Simultaneously, an accurate measurement of legitimate application service quality, such as voice quality, can be made to verify that security mechanisms do not impede overall network performance.
- IxLoad is a unified test solution for testing all aspects of wireless networks end-to-end, including LTE base stations, core network components, and the IMS subsystem
- IxLoad supports a broad set of test applications measuring the scalability and capacity of data applications, the quality of rich media services, and the evaluation of security vulnerabilities
- IxLoad-Attack tests a wide range of network security devices:
- Next-generation firewalls
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems (IDS/IPS)
- Anti-virus, anti-spam and URL filters
- VPN gateways
- IxLoad-Attack supports:
- Evaluation of security effectiveness, detection accuracy, performance benchmarking, and service availability
- Thousands of unique security attacks, making it the most comprehensive solution targeting known vulnerabilities
- Automatic updates via a subscription service for new attacks backed by security research from industry pioneers
- Thousands of legitimate traffic samples to evaluate the detection accuracy of IPS/IDS engines
- Live malware attacks
- Comprehensive coverage of published Microsoft vulnerabilities
- Line-rate distributed DDoS attacks over 1GE and 10GE interfaces
- Converged real-world application traffic mix with fully stateful voice, data and video emulation
- Mix of legitimate and malicious traffic
- "The diversity and frequency of security attacks on mobile networks will expand significantly with the growth and popularity of smart devices and the mobile internet," said Aria Eslambolchizadeh, Sr. Director of QA/Test at SonicWALL. "Ixia's IxLoad-Attack product plays a critical industry role in validating the performance and resiliency of security appliances that protect mobile networks."
- "The growth of high-performance smart devices, combined with social network services and the general lack of client device security, make wireless networks fertile ground for security attacks," said Joe Zeto, Sr. manager, market development at Ixia. "Ixia's IxLoad-Attack provides the massive scalability and robust set of attacks necessary for mobile operators to deploy secure networks without compromising network performance."
- For more information on Ixia security solutions, click here http://www.ixiacom.com/solutions/testing_security/index.php.
- For more information on IxLoad-Attack, see this link http://www.ixiacom.com/pdfs/library/quick_ref_sheets/ixload-attack-qrs.pdf.
Ixia provides the industry's most comprehensive converged IP testing solution -- from the wireless edge to the Internet core. Network equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises, and government agencies use Ixia's industry-leading test and simulation platforms to design and validate a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi, and 3G/LTE networking equipment and networks. Ixia's solutions create real-world conditions by emulating a full range of high-scaling networking protocols and generating media-rich application traffic to validate performance, conformance and security of cloud, core, data center, wireless, and multiplay networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: mobile Internet security, mobile network vulnerabilies, network security, Office Equipment,Applications,Security,Networking,Internet,Business Issues,Threats,Wireless,Embedded Security,Security,Internet Server Applications,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Networking,Security,Financial,Appliances,Internet Technology,Internet,Internet Security,Other,