|Page (1) of 1 - 02/28/12||email article||print page|
Ixia Demonstrates Industry's First End-to-End Mobile Internet Security Validation Application at RSA 2012Ixia's IxLoad-Attack Will Validate Leading Vendors' Mobile and Cloud Network Solutions (February 28, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/28/12 -- Ixia (NASDAQ: XXIA), the leading global provider of converged IP and wireless network test solutions, will demonstrate the effectiveness of IxLoad-Attack -- its network vulnerability test tool -- in protecting mobile and cloud networks. The latest version of IxLoad-Attack can send emulated malware over generic tunneling protocol (GTP), and allows service providers to find previously impossible-to-detect infrastructure vulnerabilities and weaknesses before they can be exploited on live networks. Ixia will help SonicWALL, Huawei, and Ahnlab authenticate their network security devices at the RSA Conference 2012 in San Francisco, February 28-March 1:
- In booth #1153, SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad-Attack to showcase high throughput capabilities of its clustered SuperMassive E10800 Next-Generation Firewall, achieving more than 120Gbps of application throughput. Additionally, SonicWALL will use Ixia's IxLoad-Attack to demonstrate its next-generation firewall capabilities under highly-scalable and flexible attacks.
- In booth #2439, Huawei will use Ixia's 10GE test interfaces to verify that the Huawei Eudemon8000E-X series can successfully protect 200Gbps of network traffic. In addition, Ixia's 10GE test interfaces will generate and track 200Gbps of traffic sent through Huawei-Symantec's firewall -- in both directions -- to accurately measure throughput and latency. A full report on the details of the test can be found here: http://www.ixiacom.com/pdfs/about_us/lab_partners/2012-02-27-IT-Brand-Pulse--Breaking-the-200Gb-Barrier.pdf.
- Ixia's 1GE and 10GE interfaces will also be used by AhnLab to demonstrate the large-scale performance of its TrusGuard 10000P Unified Threat Management (UTM) device. Ixia will also share the stage with AhnLab at the vendor presentations on Wednesday 29 at 3:30 p.m. in booth #1157.
IxLoad-Attack measures the performance of network security appliances, validating that they effectively and accurately block attacks while delivering high end-user quality of experience for mission-critical applications. IxLoad-Attack is the only product that provides malicious traffic over both encrypted and non-encrypted links. IxLoad-Attack runs in parallel with all other IxLoad functions. Customized, real-world network traffic provides the "good" reference traffic that security devices must forward without affecting customer quality of experience (QoE).
- For more information on Ixia's wireless testing solution, see this page: http://www.ixiacom.com/solutions/index.php.
- For more information on RSA 2012, see their website: http://www.rsaconference.com/.
Ixia provides the industry's most comprehensive converged IP testing solution -- from the wireless edge to the Internet core. Network equipment manufacturers, service providers, enterprises, and government agencies use Ixia's industry-leading test and simulation platforms to design and validate a broad range of wired, Wi-Fi, and 3G/LTE networking equipment and networks. Ixia's solutions create real-world conditions by emulating a full range of high-scaling networking protocols and generating media-rich application traffic to validate performance, conformance and security of cloud, core, data center, wireless and multiplay networks. For more information, visit www.ixiacom.com.
Ixia and the Ixia four-petal logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of Ixia. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Wireless, wireless security, mobile broadband networks, testing, mobile internet security, Huawei, Office Equipment, Applications, Security, Networking, Internet, Business Issues, Security, Internet Server Applications, Management, Pro AV, Management, Presentors, Internet/Web, Internet, Broadband, Business Issues, Presentation, Security, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Networking, Security, Appliances, Internet Technology, Internet, Internet Security, Other,