|Page (1) of 1 - 07/10/12||email article||print page|
Invincea Appoints Former NetWitness Executive as Chief Financial OfficerExpands Advisory Board With Luminaries From Companies Including CVS Caremark, RSA NetWitness and Fortify; Continues Accelerated Operations Growth in Engineering, Labs, Sales and Client Support (July 10, 2012)
FAIRFAX, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/10/12 -- Invincea, Inc., an innovator in advanced malware threat detection, network breach prevention, and pre-breach forensic intelligence, today announced the appointment of Dana Duffy to the position of Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Additionally, the company made public the appointment of seven new advisory board members with a broad range of security industry expertise across management and technology development in federal and commercial sectors. The new advisory board members come from companies including CVS Caremark, RSA NetWitness and Fortify Software. In response to rapid demand for its core endpoint security software suite, the company has also increased its engineering, labs, sales and client support organizations by more than 50 percent with positions in its Fairfax, VA offices and across the country.
Dana Duffy has over 15 years of experience as a proven finance, accounting and executive leader in early and mid-stage companies. She most recently served as CFO for NetWitness Corporation, which merged with RSA Security and was previously with CareFusion, which merged with Cardinal Health. She holds a J.D. from George Mason University School of Law with a B.S. in Business Administration from the University of New Hampshire and is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association.
"We are thrilled to have Dana join our management team. She has a proven track record of helping startups manage rapid growth and has successfully guided companies through substantial exits," said Anup Ghosh, Founder and CEO at Invincea. "Dana's appointment comes at an exciting time for Invincea -- we are witnessing explosive growth in adoption of our core endpoint security software suite; have added seven distinguished members to our advisory board over the past few months; are growing our employee base by leaps and bounds to meet demand; and have just recently announced the award of a $21.4 million contract from DARPA that pushes our innovative mindset into the mobile device security space. Dana's expertise will prove invaluable to our continued growth."
"I am very excited to be joining the Invincea team. After a successful exit for investors and employees at NetWitness, I knew that my next position would have to be with a firm driving the same type of innovation for the security industry," said Dana Duffy, CFO at Invincea. "When I looked at Invincea, I saw something spectacular -- a company that is truly pioneering malware prevention at the endpoint, a management team with proven success and a deep desire to help organizations fight back against this threat, a product line that has applicability across both the commercial and consumer markets, and a dedication to innovation that has already proven its worth with the recent DARPA award. I enter this new position knowing that Invincea is bound for greatness and look forward to contributing every step along the way."
Over the past several months, Invincea has added seven members to its advisory board, each bringing to the table a unique set of proven skills within the security industry. Invincea's advisory board assists the management team in setting direction for the company.
New Advisory Board Members:
- Steve Wrenn: Steve is currently Senior Vice President of Enterprise IT Services for CVS Caremark where he is responsible for Corporate IT and Enterprise IT operations across this $100b retail and healthcare company. Prior to joining CVS Caremark, Steve held roles at Liberty Mutual, Enterasys Networks, Cisco Systems and Hewlett-Packard.
- Tim Belcher: Tim has worked in information security for more than 20 years, providing security to Intelligence, Defense, and various Federal entities, the largest Financial Services, and Fortune companies. Tim has founded and grown to acquisition two companies, Riptech (sold to Symantec in 2002) and NetWitness (sold to RSA, the security division of EMC in 2011). Ernst & Young recognized Tim as "Entrepreneur of the Year" in 2001.
- John Jack: John was formerly CEO and President of Fortify Software (acquired by Hewlett-Packard in 2010). He has more than 32 years of sales, marketing and executive management experience in the software industry. Prior to Fortify, John served as CEO of Covalent (acquired by VMWare), COO of The Vantive Corporation (sold to PeopleSoft) and a range of executive positions at Sybase, Inc.
- Frank Swain: Frank is currently Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales at AppDynamics. Prior to joining AppDynamics, he was Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales at Splunk, where he built the sales organization and grew revenues from $500,000 to $35,000,000 in three years. In addition, Frank ran Worldwide Channels for Wily Technology and was Global Account Manager for Mercury Interactive.
- Mercedes Westcott: Mercedes currently serves as Vice President of Public Sector Sales for Delphix, Corp. Prior to Delphix, she was Vice President of Hewlett Packard's Federal Enterprise Security Software Sales Division. Throughout her career, she has held a number of federal sales management roles in the cyber security and database arenas including companies such as ArcSight, Microsoft and Sybase.
- Bruce Brody: Bruce is a retired Federal Senior Executive and the former Chief Information Security Officer at the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Energy. He has served in a variety of senior management positions in private industry since his retirement in 2006, and he is currently the Chief Cyber Security Strategist for the Paradigm Division Group of CACI.
- Louis Tucker: Louis currently serves as the CEO of Mission Sync LLC, a national security consulting firm. Louis is a Navy SEAL reserve officer, formerly was a CIA operations officer and was a Staff Director of the Senate Intelligence Committee.
About Invincea, Inc. and Invincea Labs
Invincea is the premier innovator in advanced malware threat detection, network breach prevention, and pre-breach forensic intelligence. Invincea is the only solution on the market that provides enterprise networks with coverage against the largest attack surface for cyber-breach -- attacks aimed at end-users in the form of spear phishing, drive-by download exploits, poisoned search results, and user-initiated infections.
The company's solutions include a desktop security software suite and threat intelligence appliance. The solutions offer a unique ability to protect networks against all types of threats directed at end-users, including zero-days, by seamlessly moving applications that render untrusted content into controlled, secure virtual environments that automatically detect and terminate threats in real time. Invincea's platform seamlessly moves the browser, PDF reader, Microsoft Office suite, .zip, and .exe file types from the native operating system into secure virtualized environments without altering the user experience. The company, which was founded by Dr. Anup Ghosh to address the rapidly increasing security threat from nation states, cyber-crime, and rogue actors, has commercialized technology originally built under DARPA funding. The company is venture capital-backed and based in Fairfax, VA.
Invincea Labs is a wholly owned subsidiary of Invincea, Inc. Invincea Labs exists to develop new age cyber security technologies by conducting research and advanced prototyping into leap ahead approaches with market potential. Invincea Labs accomplishes this mission through its own cyber security expertise and by leveraging its relationships with university research partners and government research. For more information, visit http://www.invincea.com
CHEN PR for Invincea
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Invincea, Dana Duffy, RSA, RSA NetWitness, NetWitness, CVS Caremark, Fortify Software, Anup Ghosh, Sales, Applications, Marketing, Finance, Sales & Marketing, Security, Database, Business Issues, Threats, Administration, Security Technologies, Phishing, IT Management, Law & Regulations, Career, Finance, Management, Finance/Accounting, Sales, CEO/CFO, Finance/Accounting, Sales, Marketwire, Inc., IT (Information Technology), Security, HP, Financial, Business, Military,