|Page (1) of 1 - 04/15/12||email article||print page|
Invera Announces Release of STRATIX - Wireless Shop Floor functions on Apple Products(April 15, 2012)
Houston, TX (PRWEB) April 15, 2012
Invera is pleased to announce, as part of Release 9.2 for their metal service center ERP STRATIX, all STRATIXwifi functions have been optimized to benefit from the high resolution and multi-touch display featured on the iPhone 4/4S, 4th generation iPod Touch, and other high resolution smart-phones. These devices, coupled with Bluetooth scanners, provide an economic alternative to purchasing traditional wireless hand-held scanners.
STRATIX is a steel and metal industry ERP software designed for the unique requirements of the metal industry. The STRATIX metals ERP software is enterprise software for metal service centers, steel service centers, steel stockholders, plate processors, metal distributors, metal processors, toll processors, building products distributors, and tube mills.
The STRATIX metal industry ERP addresses the distinct and complex problems in all areas of sales, multi-step production, inventory management, shop floor operations, and productivity for metal service centers and metal companies dealing in ferrous and non-ferrous products of all forms including coils, sheets, structural products, wire, pipe and tubing, rebar, mesh, bars, roll formed products, panels/profiles, and building products.
STRATIX has a well-established track record of contributing to the efficiency with which Metal Service Centers perform various material management functions directly from the shop floor using WiFi devices.
STRATIXwifi Warehouse Functions
This includes the following major STRATIXwifi warehouse functions:
Physical Inventory Count
- Used to record a Physical Inventory Count
- Requires only a scan of the Tag to update the count and location
- Change Location
- Used to change the location of one or multiple tags at the same time
- Example: A crane operator moves a coil to a different storage area.
- Find Tag
- Provides the location for a Tag
- Provides the display of any additional tags with the same product and dimensions
- Used to find material similar to an existing tag
Inventory Pick Recording
- Used to record the picking of material
- Can be used for an as-is stock sale that requires no processing
- Can also be used to pick material to stage for a production step
- Tag and labels can also be printed from this function
Transport Delay Reasons
- Allows the shipping department to enter a Delay Reason for late shipments
- Remarks can also be entered
- The operator scans the Transport Number from the Packing List and enters the reason that the Transport is late
Transport Load Substitution
- Allows a product item destined for loading to be substituted with another product item
- Verifies to ensure product items are for the same sales order item
- Substituted material can be reserved to a different transport
- Used in cases where any of the items planned for loading could not be loaded due to material condition or physical constraints
Place an Item on Shipping Hold
- Allows the loading operator to place material loaded onto a transport on hold
- Used when the loading operator detects material damages
Transport Load Verification Function
- Verifies that the material being loaded or material loaded on a Vehicle is the correct material, and that the transport includes all the items that were planned for delivery
- Operator scans the barcoded Shipping Labels attached to the material loaded
The ubiquity, portability, and ease-of-use of Apples iPhone and iPod Touch products make them excellent candidates for using STRATIXwifi.
Tony Di Tomaso, VP of Customer Services of Invera, commented, This is a very exciting step forward for Invera with the release of the wireless functions for the warehouse on the iPhone and iPod Touch. We are a company focused on our software products and customers, and this is the direction that is important to our customers.
The hardware requirements specified pertain to the Apple products as outlined below.
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPod Touch (4th gen)
- iOS 5.1
- Integrated Bluetooth w/ HID connection
- Linear (1D) barcode scanning
- Class 2 laser
- Socket Bluetooth Cordless Hand Scanner (CHS) Model: 7P (v3)
Invera has been providing steel and metal service center software (ERP) and Internet metal systems for over 30 years. Invera is the largest software company dedicated exclusively to the steel and metal service center, metal distribution, steel stockholder, and metal processing industry. Their metal industry software products, STRATIX and eSTELPLAN, are used by more than 13,000 users at over 600 sites in the United States, Europe, Mexico, Canada, Dubai, Singapore, South Africa, and the Far East.
For more information, contact Invera at (610) 325-0124 or visit http://www.invera.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/4/prweb9403913.htm.
Related Keywords:computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general)