|Page (1) of 1 - 07/15/10||email article||print page|
Introducing iBike Dash Cycling Computer and Power Meter for iPhone and iPod Touch(July 15, 2010)
Boca Raton, FL, July 15, 2010 --(PR.com)-- Velocomp LLP, makers of the iBike® line of power meters, today announced the availability of the iBike DashTM. The iBike Dash revolutionizes the possibilities of a bike computer, expands the potential of a power meter, and re-imagines the capabilities of the iPhone and iPod Touch.
The completely wireless iBike Dash unites the iPhone (3G/4) or iPod touch with the iBike Phone BoothTM and the iBike® app, creating a truly transformational device.
How it Works
The “smart” Phone Booth case houses patented electronics that interact with the iPhone or iPod Touch to send cycling signals to the iBike app; through the iBike app that information is translated into an visual display that completely reinvents the cycling experience.
All of the elements working together transform a cyclist’s iPhone or iPod Touch into the iBike Dash or the iBike Dash+Power.
“The revolutionary iBike Dash makes use of the full computer functionality of the iPhone or iPod Touch to deliver a truly amazing cycling dashboard at a cyclist’s fingertips – a virtual co-pilot, navigator, and black box all in one,” remarks John Hamann, CEO, Velocomp.
Unique Features and Functionality includes:
- User-customizable touch control screens display cycling information in color and includes unique graphics and animation.
- iPhone’s GPS, map, and weather capabilities operate seamlessly with the iDash, greatly enhancing the rider’s experience.
- Easy-to-follow, on-screen instructions and links to instructional videos have replaced the need for instruction manuals.
- Advances in electronics have done away with the need for calibration.
- Pre-loaded with 50 power-based workouts (iBike Dash+Power) and HR zone workouts (iBike Dash cycling computer).
- Seamlessly take or make hands-free calls (using your iPhone and BlueTooth headset) whenever you’d like and ride data collection won’t get interrupted.
Patented Electronics and Superior Engineering includes:
- iBike Dash+Power adds iBike’s patented power measurement circuitry and technology—no special hubs, wheels or cranks are required.
- iBike Dash Phone Booth provides rain and shock protection in a weather-sealed enclosed casing and anti-glare cover that keep the iPhone/iPod Touch dry while allowing full use (with or without cycling gloves) of all touch screen features.
- A rechargeable and replaceable spare battery can be housed inside the Phone Booth to extend the operating time of your iPhone/iPod Touch.
- The iBike Dash is compatible with all ANT+ speed, cadence and HR sensors.
The iBike Dash comes in two versions:
- iBike Dash Cycling Computer - $299 MSRP
– Includes Phone Booth, mount, wireless speed sensor, iBike app, iBike software for Mac/PC
- iBike Dash Power meter - $849 MSRP
– Includes Phone Booth with power, mount, wireless speed, cadence, and HR sensors, spare battery and charger, iBike app, iBike software for Mac/PC
“iBike Dash creates an entirely new category of interactive cycling devices that will enhance the cycling experience and provide a much more intimate, intuitive and fun way than ever before,” notes Hamann.
Pre-orders for the iBike Dash can now be taken and will begin shipping in August 2010. Orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
More information about the iBike Dash can be found at www.iBikeDash.com
About Velocomp, LLP
Velocomp, LLP is a sports technology company based in Boca Raton, Florida. The first in the bicycle industry to deliver advanced power measurement at a mainstream price, Velocomp is dedicated to product breakthroughs in the areas of performance, measurement, design and value. Launched in June 2006, thousands of iBike Pro power meters are being enjoyed worldwide. www.iBikeSports.com
Click here to read the full story: Introducing iBike Dash Cycling Computer and Power Meter for iPhone and iPod Touch
Press Release Distributed by PR.com
Copyright 2010 PR.com
Related Keywords:Business, Entrepreneurs, Lifestyle, Diet & Weight Loss, Health & Fitness, Sports, Bicycling, Technology, Apple, Consumer Electronics