|Page (1) of 1 - 02/14/12||email article||print page|
Introducing Zerto Virtual Replication 2.0, the Industry's First Cloud BC/DR Platform Built for Private, Hybrid and Public CloudsTerremark Leverages Zerto's Solution to Offer Enterprise-Class, Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery (February 14, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/12 -- VMware Partner Exchange -- Zerto, the industry's first hypervisor-based replication solution provider, today introduced Zerto Virtual Replication 2.0, developed specifically for protecting applications in and between private, public and hybrid clouds. Key features of the new solution include a powerful multi-tenant architecture, deep VMware vCloud Director integration, centralized management and multi-site replication support. Terremark, a Verizon Company, has chosen Zerto's award-winning BC/DR software to support its cloud-based disaster recovery service to its wide range of customers.
"Zerto's multi-tenant, multi-site and automated solution provides an exciting new technology in the disaster recovery marketplace," said Mitch Kitay, vice president of Advanced Data Solutions at Terremark, a Verizon Company. "Zerto Virtual Replication 2.0 helps us to deliver our cost-effective and highly secure Virtual Disaster Recovery offering to a broad range of customers with centralized and simplified management for mission-critical application protection with no need for customer configuration changes. Zerto helps to make the case for cloud-based BC/DR even more compelling."
Zerto Virtual Replication 2.0 is the first BC/DR platform that meets the data protection, replication and recovery needs of enterprises of all sizes deploying private clouds as well as companies looking to protect applications deployed in the public cloud. The product also unleashes the potential for cloud service providers to provide true cost effective Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS) to the public cloud without the need to deploy specific hardware.
Key features of Zerto Virtual Replication 2.0 for enterprises and cloud service providers include:
- Multi-site -- ability to replicate between more than one site, enabling cloud providers to easily support many customers and enabling enterprises to protect multiple data centers as well as remote branch offices
- True multi-tenant architecture replication to shared infrastructure from multiple customers without network conflicts
- Deep VMware vCloud Director integration for seamless and automated recovery in virtual datacenters and vApps protection
- Test and validate recovery anytime -- recovers customer applications in the cloud with one click of a button
- Array agnostic -- replicates any customer environment to any cloud regardless of storage vendor or architecture
- Deployed quickly and remotely -- installs remotely in under an hour without requiring any changes to the customer environment
- Granular and comprehensive -- allows customers to pick specific applications to protect, regardless of their physical server or storage location
- Scalable and flexible -- protect both mission-critical applications and tier 2/3 applications with the same solution, scaling from a few VMs to thousands of VMs
- Consistent and reliable -- provides scalable, continuous replication (no snapshots) with RPO of seconds and RTO of minutes
"Cloud is becoming a key part of enterprise IT plans and BC/DR is an integral part of that," said Ziv Kedem, CEO, Zerto. "We are very proud to have been chosen by Terremark as its platform of choice for BC/DR and DRaaS. We see great opportunity in working with Terremark and other cloud service providers to help them offer DRaaS and other BC/DR services at a price point that makes sense for their enterprise customers of all sizes."
The company launched the 1.0 enterprise version of its hypervisor-based, virtual-aware, replication solution in June. Zerto also launched their Zerto Alliance Partner program today to simplify sales process for partners through training, collateral and additional support -- read more about the program here.
Zerto Virtual Replication has recently won SearchServerVirtualization.com's 2011 Product of the Year Gold award in Backup and Storage, Best of Show at VMworld 2011, a Gold award in the Business Continuity and Data Protection category and a Cloud Award for 'Most Promising new Startup' in the cloud computing industry -- see more details here.
Zerto provides enterprise-class business continuity and disaster recovery solutions for virtualized infrastructure and cloud. Zerto Virtual Replication was recently awarded SearchServerVirtualization.com's 2011 Product of the Year Gold award in Backup and Storage as well as Best of Show and a Gold Award for Business Continuity and Data Protection at VMworld 2011. The product is the industry's first hypervisor-based replication solution for tier-one applications and replaces traditional array-based BC/DR solutions that were not built to deal with the virtual paradigm. Backed by U.S. Venture Partners, Battery Ventures and Greylock Partners, Zerto has offices in Israel and the United States. For more information, please visit: www.zerto.com
Social Media Links for Zerto:
Fusion Public Relations
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: hypervisor, replication, disaster recovery, business continuity, cloud, USA, Israel, Marketwire, , Gold, Business, disaster, Other,