|Page (1) of 1 - 03/08/12||email article||print page|
Instantis Introduces Social Networking Breakthrough for Enterprise PPMInstantis EnterpriseStream(TM) Is the First Purpose-Built and "Seamless" Social Networking Tool for PPM Practitioners and Stakeholders Across the Enterprise (March 08, 2012)
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/08/12 -- Instantis, the leading provider of cloud-optimized Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) software used by IT and business process leaders to improve strategy execution through more effective work and resource management, introduced today Instantis EnterpriseStream for "seamless" communication, collaboration and social networking among users of the EnterpriseTrack® project and portfolio management solution.
Instantis EnterpriseStream is purpose-built for project and portfolio environments and fully integrated with the EnterpriseTrack® system. This contrasts sharply with competitive alternatives that depend on a third-party general-purpose enterprise social networking platform such as Chatter, Jive or Yammer. As a result, EnterpriseStream social communications are context sensitive and collaboration is optimized for project-intensive environments. Further, there is virtually zero effort to set it up, start networking and collaborating, and see immediate productivity results.
"Instantis EnterpriseStream brings together the inherently social and collaborative nature of project-centric work with relevant social networking concepts and technology," said Dr. Prasad Raje, Instantis founder and CEO. "Enterprises will see immediate and compelling business benefits in terms of improved project team and stakeholder planning, communication, collaboration and cohesiveness that will translate directly in to accelerated strategy, program and project execution."
Key features of seamless social networking that differentiate Instantis EnterpriseStream from competitive offerings for PPM environments include:
- No set-up required to get going such as finding or adding "friends," "circles" or "groups" -- users are automatically subscribed based on the user's rich "social graph" attributes already stored in the EnterpriseTrack system.
- No effort to create relevant and context-sensitive social streams -- updates to the stream ticker are generated automatically based on system and user-triggered events such as changes to the status of relevant ideas, proposals and projects.
- Minimal effort to initiate a social communication, monitor the social stream and add comments due to an integrated, pervasive and extremely simple and non-intrusive user-interface -- there is no need to navigate to a special user interface.
- Ability to drill down directly from the social stream ticker to the referenced project, activity, proposal, document, etc. in order to quickly increase understanding and take appropriate action.
- No effort to deploy since EnterpriseStream is available out-of-the box -- there is no need to procure/license, install, learn, maintain, or support a third-party technology.
- Extremely configurable by administrator to adapt to security, privacy and culture-related needs.
"Instantis EnterpriseStream continues our long track record of usability innovations," said Dr. Raje. "EnterpriseStream is purpose-built and seamlessly integrated with EnterpriseTrack and is not a bolt-on of an off-the-shelf social networking tool, no other competitive PPM solution can claim to offer these advantages."
Instantis is the leading provider of cloud-optimized Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) software used by IT and business process leaders to improve strategy execution through more effective work and resource management. Leading global corporations like Abbott, Baxter, Credit Suisse, DuPont, France Telecom, Lilly, National Grid and Xerox rely on a single system called EnterpriseTrack® to fulfill the distinctive requirements of their strategic project portfolios such as PMO, IT, New Product Development, and Lean Six Sigma.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: social ppm, collaborative ppm, social networking, social project management, social networking, pmo, Security, Networking, Business Issues, Project Management, Management, CEO/CFO, France, Marketwire, , Business, Social Networking, Other,