|Page (1) of 1 - 02/07/06||email article||print page|
Insider Software Ships FontAgent Pro 3.1#1-rated font manager provides new features, interface enhancements and major performance increases (February 07, 2006)
Insider Software today announced the immediate availability of FontAgent Pro 3.1, the latest version of the #1-rated font management and repair software for creative professionals. The newest version of the Macworld Showtime Best of Show award-winning program incorporates a broad array of user-requested enhancements and performance improvements, including the following:
* A new font waterfall view that augments Insiders unique Font Player by displaying individual fonts in different sizes
* New preference that allows users to display or suppress font auto-activation notifications
* Improved auto-activation performance for all applications, with reported two- to sixty-times speed increases
* Faster font importing with speed increases of up to 50 times, with the greatest increases on the largest libraries
* Improved handling of certain non-conforming Postscript Type 1 fonts
* Vast speed increase in launching large font libraries
* Resolution of authentication issues when managing system fonts under Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and later
* Redesigned and updated auto-activation engine that provides faster, more reliable performance with InDesign CS and CS2
Scott Citron, Adobe Certified Instructor and owner of Scott Citron Design was astonished by the incredible speed improvements, noting, ?IT'S A MIRACLE! My fonts auto-activated in about 3 seconds. Citron continued, ?Insider Software has hit the ball out of the park with FontAgent Pro 3.1. Without question, there is no better font manager for the Mac on the market today. A pleasure to use, this mature and elegant solution has fully arrived.
About FontAgent Pro
FontAgent Pro, designed for creative professionals, provides a complete font management system that integrates diagnostics, repair, font selection, font book creation, and design tools in a single powerful, yet simple application. It is the only product to offer such modern features as multiple font libraries, cascading sets for job and project management, and a Font Player that provides interactive real-time font selection tools.
FontAgent Pro also offers unique administrative tools with its ability to secure workstations, permitting modifications to libraries and sets only if approved by the administrator. Multiple startup sets can be configured and fonts can be auto-activated even without launching FontAgent Pro. Powerful live searching and extensive filtering provide additional power and flexibility.
Users can download the newest FontAgent Pro update from the Insider Software website at http://www.insidersoftware.com/downloads/.
FontAgent Pro 3.1 requires Mac OS X version 10.2 or later and 7 MB of disk space.
Pricing and Availability
FontAgent Pro 3.1 has a suggested retail price of $99.95. FontAgent Pro Workgroup Edition with serverless font-sharing is priced at $129.95.
The FontAgent Pro 3.1 upgrade is free to registered users of FontAgent Pro 3.0 or later. Users owning licenses of earlier versions of FontAgent Pro can upgrade to Version 3.1 Standard Edition for $49.95 US, and Workgroup Edition upgrades are $64.95 US.
About Insider Software
Founded in 1994, Insider Software makes products that streamline the creative process.
For more information visit www.insidersoftware.com.
Related Keywords:Insider Software, FontAgent Pro, font manager, font libraries, Postscript, InDesign, Adobe, Font Player,