|Page (1) of 1 - 07/17/12||email article||print page|
InsideView Relies on MySQL Enterprise Edition and Oracle Solaris to Power Core Business FunctionsMySQL Provides High-Performance, Cost-Effective and Flexible Solution for Fast-Growing Sales Intelligence Provider (July 17, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/17/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- InsideView deploys MySQL Enterprise Edition on Oracle Solaris as the platform for its sales intelligence applications that are used by more than 200,000 sales and marketing professionals and 2,000 market-leading companies.
- With MySQL and Oracle Solaris, InsideView has been able to leverage a high-performance, cost-effective and flexible solution to support its growing customer base and the development of its award-winning technologies.
- As the central database for InsideView, MySQL stores hundreds of gigabytes of contact details and connections collected from the most relevant social media, user-contributed and traditional/proprietary editorial sources. MySQL supports all of the company's core business functions and helps InsideView deliver business and social insights to its customers.
- Using master-slave replication topology, MySQL replication enables InsideView to achieve high availability and horizontal scale-out with dedicated backup and read slaves, while the partitioning capabilities allow InsideView's developers, DBAs and system administrators to optimize database performance and simplify management.
- To ensure business continuity, InsideView keeps close track of the capacity and performance of its MySQL database during development, testing and in production with MySQL Enterprise Monitor.
- Through world-class, 24x7 Oracle Premier Support delivered by the MySQL support experts, InsideView can quickly resolve issues and apply appropriate fixes to enhance its sales intelligence applications.
- Using the built-in file system compression in Oracle Solaris ZFS, InsideView has increased the I/O performance of MySQL.
- In addition, Oracle Solaris DTrace makes it easy to identify which database files are being accessed the most often within the system. This ability to safely identify "hot" files, even in production environments, makes it possible for InsideView to tune their system for even greater performance gains.
- "MySQL is the low-cost, highly-scalable database that we rely on to support all our core business functions," said Wes Horner, IT Manager, InsideView. "The comprehensive capabilities delivered within MySQL Enterprise Edition ensure that we are able to cost-effectively meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base, while helping to ensure we have the scalability to continue to gather intelligence from more sources than any of our competitors. Backed by Oracle Premier Support, it has also proved to be a very reliable solution and will be a key part of our IT infrastructure for many years to come."
- Oracle and MySQL
- MySQL Enterprise Edition
- MySQL Blog, Twitter, Facebook
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Solaris on OTN
- Oracle Solaris Blog
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Servers and Storage Systems, Sun , Oracle, Sales, Applications, Marketing, Sales & Marketing, Storage, Database, Business Issues, Hardware, Software, Misc, Database, Backup, Compression, Other, Management, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, Business, Other,