|Page (1) of 1 - 05/08/12||email article||print page|
Ingram Micro Announces 2012 North American Supply Chain Award WinnersWorld's Top Technology Distributor Honors IT Vendors for Best-in-Class Logistics Performance, Efficiency Gains and Operational Excellence (May 08, 2012)
SANTA ANA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 05/08/12 -- Celebrating the success of its North America IT vendor partners, Ingram Micro Inc. (NYSE: IM) today announced its 2012 Supply Chain Awards of Excellence. The annual logistics awards recognize the outstanding performance, improved efficiency and operational excellence of 13 Ingram Micro technology vendor partners in the U.S. and Canada.
"Supply chain performance is a determining factor that demonstrates an IT vendor's commitment and discipline when it comes to quality control, cost management and market logistics," says Robert Gifford, executive vice president, global logistics, Ingram Micro. "These awards honor those IT vendors that teamed with Ingram Micro to become best-in-class and achieve operational excellence."
In selecting the 2012 Supply Chain Awards of Excellence, Ingram Micro established a baseline for each vendor and then tracked and benchmarked the vendor's performance throughout the year. Winners were selected in three distinct categories: Best-in-Class Logistics, Outstanding Overall Supply Chain Improvement and Outstanding Performance in Damage Reduction.
- Best-in-Class Logistics Performance: Winners in this category are among the most efficient suppliers to Ingram Micro, shipping damage-free and on time via the correct modes of transportation and demonstrating a high-quality of workmanship.
- U.S. - Hewlett Packard - Imaging & Printing Group
- Canada - D-Link Networks
- Outstanding Overall Supply Chain Improvement: Vendors recognized in this class significantly improved damage-in-transit metrics and routing guide compliance, as well as increased available inventory while reducing receiving labor expenses, freight and logistics costs.
- U.S. - Canon U.S. A. Inc., Cisco, Okidata and Samsung
- Canada - APC by Schneider Electric, Okidata and Samsung
- Outstanding Performance in Damage Reduction: The following technology vendors greatly reduced product waste by adhering to more stringent packaging engineering standards, enhancing material flow through transportation networks and adopting other proven waste management strategies.
- U.S. - Juniper Networks and Liebert, a division of Emerson Network Power
- Canada - Acer and Lexmark
"It's an honor to play such an important role in the success of our vendors and recognize the operational and supply chain achievements of these technology leaders during the past year," says Keith Bradley, president, Ingram Micro North America. "As the IT channel's most valued distribution partner, Ingram Micro takes great pride in enabling our vendors to maximize operational efficiencies and set new standards of excellence."
About Ingram Micro Inc.
As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for vendors and resellers through unique marketing programs, outsourced logistics, technical and financial support, managed and cloud-based services, and product aggregation and distribution. The company is the only global broad-based IT distributor, serving more than 145 countries on six continents with the world's most comprehensive portfolio of IT products and services. Visit www.ingrammicro.com.
WhiteFox Marketing (for Ingram Micro)
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Ingram Micro Inc. , Canada, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , HP, Financial, Waste Management, Shipping, Environmental Technology, Other,