|Page (1) of 1 - 03/20/12||email article||print page|
Information Professionals Take Center Stage at AIIM ConferenceAIIM's New Focus on People and Professional Development Is Embraced by the Global Community (March 20, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/20/12 -- AIIM, the global community of information professionals, today announced the arrival of 670 information professionals, from 25 countries, at a sold out AIIM Conference 2012. Plans are underway for a larger venue in 2013 due to the success of this year's conference reaching capacity 30 days prior to the program date.
This year's conference features interactive breakouts and peer-to-peer networking and 58 professional development sessions, including keynote addresses by author and New York University professor Clay Shirky and noted New York Times columnist, David Pogue. Session topics range from the rise of the cloud, to social and mobile, as well as content management, records management and process automation.
"The community response to the AIIM Conference 2012 has been overwhelmingly positive," said AIIM President, John Mancini. "We see the conference as a showcase for our new focus on people and a way to ensure information professionals are equipped with the skills to make a difference inside their organizations and the ability to keep pace with today's unprecedented technological change."
Leading up to the conference, AIIM worked with industry experts and focus groups to define a skill set for success for the certification of information professionals. As part of the research, AIIM identified the following six business imperatives around the emerging role of the information professional:
- Make everything mobile: redefine content delivery and process automation
- Digitize processes: drive paper bottlenecks out and automate process flows
- Make the business social: integrate technologies for unexpected knowledge sources
- Automate information governance: automate to ensure governance and disposition
- Commit to the cloud: deploy quickly and independent of platform
- Mine big content: find new insights and value
As the nature of information technology dramatically changes, the six imperatives guide the development of AIIM's programs and offerings in order to help organizations create new systems of engagement with employees, customers and partners.
At the AIIM Conference 2012, attendees will also hear from event sponsors who are scheduled to announce new products. They include:
- AnyDoc Software will unveil Infiniworx®'s ability to automatically process incoming emails and attachments, and parse email strings into individual emails.
- With the announcement of PRO Archiver v3.0, Crawford Technologies continues to shape the future of Enterprise Content Management.
- NovoDynamics announced NovoDocufier, its new IDR solution that uses image and text-based approach to quickly and accurately streamline paper processes.
Information professionals unable to attend the conference in person can keep current on the latest developments and best practices by registering for The Best of the AIIM Conference - The Virtual Event on June 7, 2012.
Journalists covering the AIIM Conference 2012 can visit our Virtual Press Room for a collection of news releases, images and background information.
AIIM (www.aiim.org) has been an advocate and supporter of information professionals for nearly 70 years. The association's mission is to ensure that information professionals understand the current and future challenges of managing information assets in an era of social, mobile, cloud and big data. Founded in1943, AIIM builds on a strong heritage of research and member service. Today, AIIM is a global, non-profit organization that provides independent research, education and certification programs to information professionals. AIIM represents the entire information management community, with programs and content for practitioners, technology suppliers, integrators and consultants.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: AIIM, information professionals, AIIM Conference, certification of information professionals, CIP, Education, Networking, Internet, Management, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Networking, Computer Science, Business, Email,