|Page (1) of 1 - 04/24/12||email article||print page|
Infor Helps City of Oak Ridge Comply With Environmental RegulationsInfor10 EAM Enables Time and Money Savings Through Preventative Maintenance (April 24, 2012)
NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwire) -- 04/24/12 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that the City of Oak Ridge, Tenn. has implemented Infor10 EAM to enable preventative maintenance and improve asset reporting to help meet mandatory compliance standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Originally selected because of its robust flexibility and customizable features, Infor10 EAM will help automate work order processes through its unified, easy-to-use interface that enables faster completion of maintenance with less manual data entry.
- After receiving an administrative order from the EPA regarding monitoring and maintenance of the city sewer system, the City of Oak Ridge implemented Infor10 EAM to help track key assets and to automate preventative maintenance scheduling.
- Infor10 EAM monitors the city's 34 sewer pumps and automatically generates a preventative maintenance schedule to allow for routine upkeep of assets, so that maintenance can be performed before a pump is in critical condition to help save time and money through reduced emergency repairs.
- Designed to be an easy-to-use system, Infor10 EAM provides a more unified view into requested and completed repairs, maintenance costs and locations to automate work order management for the city. Employees are able to receive work orders and view an item's status in real-time, helping to speed the flow of work and enabling detailed tracking of each asset's condition and energy expenditure.
- In the future, the City of Oak Ridge plans to implement Infor10 EAM in its entire public works division, including water, services, and facilities, to promote continuity and consistency across the organization. The city also hopes that the system will help to reduce its emissions and overall environmental impact by 2015.
City of Oak Ridge Quote
"Prior to our implementation of Infor10 EAM, monitoring all 34 of our sewer pump stations and keeping track of maintenance was difficult and time consuming," said Susan Fallon, contracts and grants coordinator, City of Oak Ridge. "Now, the system automatically sets up a maintenance schedule to help ensure that the stations are running 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our work orders process is also automated, which has significantly reduced the amount of manual data entry required of city staff."
"Infor10 EAM has the flexibility to meet the needs of a wide variety ofgovernment entities because it is easily customizable and can integrate with existing third-party products through ION technology, Infor's easy to install, lightweight middleware," said Kevin Price, senior product manager, Infor10 EAM, Infor. "Users gain end-to-end control to continually monitor asset health and behavior from all angles, ensuring that assets run at peak performance to minimize time spent on maintenance and increase savings through reduced repair costs and energy usage."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor10 EAM Enterprise - www.infor.com/product_summary/eam/enterpriseedition/
- Infor10 EAM Enterprise Sustainability - www.infor.com/product_summary/eam/Infor_eam_asset/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
About City of Oak Ridge
The City of Oak Ridge is located in the eastern part of Tennessee, approximately 22 miles northwest of Knoxville. The city boasts low crime, top-rated schools, 16 parks, and a strong historical significance to our country as a major site of the Manhattan Project. For more information, visit www.oakridgetenn.org.
Infor is the world's third-largest supplier of enterprise applications and services, helping more than 70,000 large and mid-size companies improve operations and drive growth across numerous industry sectors. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Infor, EAM, city, government, compliance, Applications,Shipping & Receiving,Productivity Applications,Business Issues,Software Development,Other Applications,Law & Regulations,Management,Marketwire, ,IT (Information Technology),Enterprise Applications,Application Software,Environmental Technology,Business,