|Page (1) of 1 - 11/07/11||email article||print page|
Infor Expands Service Management to Deliver Greater Speed, Flexibility and Accuracy to CustomersAcquisition of Product Lines From Single Source Systems, Including SM-Plus, Will Provide Greater Service Management for Companies That Manufacture, Install and Service Complex Products or High Value Assets (November 07, 2011)
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/11 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced the acquisition of new product lines from Single Source Systems, Inc., an Infor solution partner and leader in service management solutions. The acquired product lines include Service Management Plus (SM-Plus), SM-Plus Mobile and Workbench Suite. The addition of these products to Infor's solution offerings will benefit dealers, distributors and manufacturers primarily through a direct relationship with Infor and closer alignment of Single Source and Infor products.
- Infor has acquired complementary new product lines from Single Source Systems, an Infor partner and leading provider of service management solutions, including:
- SM-Plus - enables service-centric companies that make, distribute and service high-value or complex equipment to manage the entire service life cycle of that equipment.
- SM-Plus Mobile - allows field technicians to use a laptop or mobile device to remotely access critical supply-chain information such as unit configuration, incident history, service history, service contract status, and parts availability while still in the field.
- Workbench Suite - allows users to consolidate several role-related screens, performance gauges, navigation shortcuts, process flow guides, and advanced search/report tools in one easy-to-access location.
- Following this acquisition, Infor intends to deliver significant product enhancements and to integrate these key solutions with a number of core Infor platforms, providing even greater synergies between the Single Source product lines and existing Infor product offerings. Several of the acquired SM-Plus products were specifically designed to work with Infor10 ERP Business (SyteLine) and were developed using Infor's Mongoose software development toolset.
- Customers that had previously been working with Single Source will also benefit from the strength and stability of partnering with Infor, the third largest enterprise applications provider in the world, with a focus on product innovation and customer value.
- Customers will also benefit from unified support from a single vendor, reducing critical response time and streamlining access to product support.
Infor is a leading provider of business software and services, helping more than 70,000 customers in 164 countries improve operations and drive growth. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
This announcement reflects the direction Infor may take with regard to the specific product(s) described herein, all of which is subject to change by Infor in its sole discretion, with or without notice to you. This announcement is not a commitment to you in any way and you should not rely on this document or any of its content in making any decision. Infor is not committing to develop or deliver any specified enhancement, upgrade, product or functionality, even if such is described in this announcement and even if such description is accompanied by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "intend," "may," "plan," "project," "predict," "should," "will," and/or similar expressions. Many factors can affect Infor's product development plans and the nature, content and timing of future product releases, all of which remain in the sole discretion of Infor. This announcement, in whole or in part, may not be incorporated into any contractual agreement with Infor or its subsidiaries or affiliates. Infor expressly disclaims any liability with respect to this announcement.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Infor, Single Source Systems, service management, Office Equipment, Applications, Productivity Applications, Business Issues, Software Development, Other Applications, Tools, Platforms, Management, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Enterprise Applications, Software Development, Application Software, Computer Science, Business,