|Page (1) of 1 - 03/28/12||email article||print page|
Infor Customers Reap Benefits of Cloud-Based Asset ManagementBenefits Include Robust Functionality With Reduced Ongoing IT Costs and Simplified Upgrades (March 28, 2012)
ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/28/12 -- Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, recently held its annual EAM Customer Forum in Greenville, South Carolina, to discuss best practices and foster collaboration with over 400 customers, partners and Infor product experts. Topics varied from product roadmaps and mobility, to green initiatives, but the benefits of cloud-based asset management was the hottest topic on the agenda. Companies such as Invenergy, JBT AeroTech, Black Hills Corporation, and Keystone Foods, which use Infor10 EAM in the cloud, all shared positive experiences with attendees.
The cloud-based version of Infor10 EAM Enterprise provides users the same functionality as the on-premise version, but in an environment hosted by Infor, significantly reducing the cost of maintaining the software and easing the upgrade process. Infor10 ION provides integration from Infor10 EAM to other Infor and non-Infor applications, including ERP, whether deployed on premise or in the cloud, enhancing workflow, profitability and decision making capabilities.
- "One of the biggest challenges that we had as a new company in a new industry was obtaining true operating costs for our sites, as well as localizing data instead of having it at each site and on different servers," said Larry Spring, CMMS coordinator, Invenergy. "With the hosted environment, it's all in one place, and we have much greater corporate visibility to reach in and take a look at the data."
- "We manage about 22 airports, and as far as being a maintenance company that's very diverse, it was important to find a solution and hosting company that could work with us to support a growing business and multiple locations that aren't connected by a wide area network," said Stephen Tatton, Business Systems and New Technology manager, JBT AeroTech. "It's unbelievable, the benefits we've had from being a hosted customer. We've only had two instances where the system has been down since 2002, one of which was an upgrade. We're up and running 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and working in airport environments, this is very critical to us."
- "To have Infor applying the patches and keeping the data backed up has just been tremendously affordable and successful for us," said Sue Bidwell, principal software developer/analyst, Black Hills Corporation. "As a customer, I like not having to worry about the back up or the whole IT infrastructure that would be required for an on-site solution."
- "When we initially evaluated solutions, our IT staff was smaller, and we didn't want to invest the money for all the equipment and hardware needed for a self-hosted product," said Jimmie Ellington, CMMS project manager, Keystone Foods. "We also knew that we needed to back up our information and wanted to have a secure system, so we decided to go with the hosted environment and let Infor take care of all the IT processes."
"Cost savings are more imperative now than ever for most companies, and choosing the cloud-based version of Infor10 EAM is a very affordable option because it eliminates the need to expand IT infrastructure," said Kevin Price, director, EAM, Infor. "Not only does EAM in the cloud provide connectivity and data consistency for all locations and remote users, it also prepares companies for future expansion by removing the burden of upgrades and data backup. Customers can rest easy knowing that Infor will have new sites up and running quickly or help them transition to the latest version of their application."
Note: registration may be required to access online content
- Infor10 EAM - www.infor.com/solutions/eam
- EAM Solution Demos - www.infor.com/solutions/eam/
- Join the conversation - www.infor.com/company/socialmedia/
Infor is a leading provider of business software and services, helping more than 70,000 customers in 164 countries improve operations and drive growth. To learn more about Infor, please visit www.infor.com.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Infor, EAM, cloud, asset, Office Equipment,Applications,asset management,Business Issues,Hardware,Management,Marketwire, ,Application Software,Business,Other,