|Page (1) of 1 - 10/18/11||email article||print page|
Infonetics Research: Mobile operators fueling hockey-stick growth in standalone deep packet inspection (DPI) market(October 18, 2011)
CAMPBELL, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/18/11 -- Market research firm Infonetics Research today released excerpts from its latest Service Provider Deep Packet Inspection Products report, which tracks standalone DPI vendors and solutions for mobile and fixed line networks.
"As the deep packet inspection market matures, the focus is moving away from the underlying packet inspection technology and toward the use cases that DPI can enable, such as video optimization, usage-based billing and content caching. Accordingly, DPI suppliers should build up ecosystems with partners to address those use cases, as opposed to relying on more opportunistic relationships," notes Shira Levine, directing analyst for next gen OSS and policy at Infonetics Research.
DPI MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- Infonetics Research forecasts global sales of standalone service provider deep packet inspection (DPI) products to more than triple from 2011 to 2015, when it will top $1.6 billion
- Growth in the market is being fueled by operators buying DPI for their mobile networks:
- Revenue from standalone DPI products used in wireless networks is expected to grow at a 5-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 47% from 2010 to 2015
- Meanwhile, the CAGR for revenue from standalone DPI for fixed line networks is 10.5%
- Mobile operators are investing in DPI for more granular traffic management and to enable tiered services, value-added services, and more sophisticated pricing models
- Analytics on the subscriber's network, services, applications, and behavior will become an integral part of DPI solutions over the next few years
- Infonetics expects strong growth in the DPI segment in emerging markets in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, as operators address network congestion issues caused by rapid subscriber growth, comply with regulatory requirements, and support cyber security initiatives
Infonetics' biannual DPI report provides market size, vendor market share, forecasts, and in-depth analysis and trends for standalone deep packet inspection products used in wireless and fixed line networks. Vendors tracked: Allot, Arbor, Bivio, Cisco, CloudShield, Huawei, ipoque, Procera, Qosmos, Sandvine, and others. Regions tracked: North America, EMEA (Europe, the Middle East, Africa), Asia Pacific, and CALA (Central and Latin America), and worldwide. The report includes customer wins and announcements made by service providers and vendors, including Allot, Bivio, Bytemobile, Camiant, CloudShield, EXFO, HP, ipoque, SK Broadband, Korea Telecom, Sandvine, Procera, Qosmos, and others.
EVENTS AND WHITE PAPERS
- Client Conference Call: DPI report highlights: Wed. Oct. 26, 8:30 a.m. Pacific
- WEBINAR: Smart Monetization: Using Policy Management To Boost Profitability (Nov. 2)
- White Paper: How Policy Will Manage the Mobile Data Deluge
- Amdocs acquisition of Bridgewater changes policy management game; $1.6B market by 2015
- Service delivery platform (SDP) market forecast to hit $5.16 billion by 2015
- Convergent charging gets sophisticated; carriers name Amdocs, Ericsson top vendors
- Competition heating up in policy management market as role of policy evolves
- Strong convergent charging market driven by payment flexibility, service innovation
- SDP deployment drivers basic but edging toward more sophisticated applications
- Subscriber data management market big in Europe, growing fast in all regions
UPCOMING NEXT GEN OSS AND POLICY RESEARCH
Download report prospectuses, tables of contents, etc. at http://www.infonetics.com/login (see NEXT GEN OSS AND POLICY for 2011 and 2012 services).
- Subscriber Data Management Software and Services Report (Nov. 2)
- Policy Management Deployment Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (Nov. 29)
- Convergent Charging Software and Services Report (Nov. 30)
- Larry Howard, VP, Western NA, Asia, CALA: firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
- Scott Coyne, Eastern NA, Texas, Midwest: email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
- George Stojsavljevic, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
- Takashi Kimura, TAK Analytics, Japan: email@example.com, +81-3-6408-5566
- Hinton Information Services, Taiwan: www.hintoninfo.com.tw, +886-2-2799-3110 x220
- Doug Moon, MBAP Sales, Korea: firstname.lastname@example.org, +82-2-3453-9400
Infonetics Research is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete more effectively.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1770343
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: dpi market forecast, deep packet inspection research, deep packet inspection market, dpi market size, hp, Africa, Korea, Marketwire, , HP, middle east,