|Page (1) of 1 - 08/17/11||email article||print page|
Industry-First iPhone App From Quantum to Help Manage Backups Anytime, AnywhereQuantum Vision App Provides Critical Backup Information On the Go (August 17, 2011)
SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 08/17/11 --
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM), the leading global specialist in backup, recovery and archive, today announced the industry's first mobile app enabling backup administrators to securely monitor and optimize disk backup systems and tape libraries from their iPhone or iPad. The Quantum Vision for iPhone app provides mobile access to an IT department's global backup system with remote links to the organization's Vision software and its store of information. Administrators utilizing Vision software now can use their iPhone or iPad to access system status from any location and view alerts and reports that can identify and address system issues quickly so that backup resources continue operating at peak efficiency.
The Power of Quantum Vision in Your Pocket
- Because backup problems often happen during off hours, mobile access to backup reporting tools makes life much easier for administrators. The Quantum Vision for iPhone app enables administrators to monitor the status and performance of Quantum DXi® disk backup and deduplication systems and Scalar® tape libraries directly from their iPhone or iPad through their corporate Vision software installation.
- For backup data security, Quantum Vision for iPhones requires two levels of authentication to access the Vision server.
- Free to download, the new app gives instant access to Vision software and is especially powerful for customers with multiple DXi systems or a combination of DXi and Scalar systems.
- Quantum Vision delivers system status at a glance, simplifying multi-site data protection by providing reports that support critical functions such as performance tuning, load balancing, replication management, capacity planning, media pool integrity checks and troubleshooting.
- By giving system administration staff global visibility to its disk, tape and replication resources through a single console, Quantum Vision saves time and improves data protection.
- Vision presents detailed and aggregated information for primary and sub-system components and operations, including data replication, deduplication, capacity utilization, system performance and troubleshooting.
- Rob Clark, senior vice president, Disk and Tape Backup Product Group, Quantum: "As backup continues to evolve with interconnected, distributed environments incorporating disk and tape, better system information enables better management decisions. Backup administrators can rest a little easier knowing they can get a complete report on their backup performance and system utilization from edge to core for both short-term recovery and long-term retention -- wherever, whenever they want it."
- To download the Quantum Vision for iPhone app: http://bit.ly/pkcqlj
- Quantum Enterprise Disk Marketing Manager Steve Whitner explains key features of the new Quantum Vision for iPhone app in this podcast: http://qntm.co/visPodcast
- To read Quantum's Q&U blog, including Steve Whitner's perspective on the Quantum Vision for iPhone app: http://blog.quantum.com
- Go to the Quantum YouTube channel to view short videos demonstrating Vision for iPhone alerts, device monitoring and reporting functions: http://www.youtube.com/quantumcorp
- Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumcorp
- Add us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/quantumcorp
- For a Quantum Data Sheet on Vision software, visit: http://bit.ly/ohMCCv
Quantum Corp. (NYSE: QTM) is the leading global specialist in backup, recovery, and archive. From small businesses to multinational enterprises, more than 50,000 customers trust Quantum to solve their data protection, retention and management challenges. Quantum's best-of-breed, open systems solutions provide significant storage efficiencies and cost savings while minimizing risk and protecting prior investments. They include three market-leading, highly scalable platforms: DXi®-Series disk-based deduplication and replication systems for fast backup and restore, Scalar® tape automation products for disaster recovery and long-term data retention, and StorNext® data management software and appliances for high-performance file sharing and archiving. Quantum Corp., 1650 Technology Drive, Suite 800, San Jose, CA 95110, (408) 944-4000, www.quantum.com.
Quantum, the Quantum logo, DXi, Quantum Vision, Scalar and StorNext are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Quantum Corporation and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
"Safe Harbor" Statement: This press release contains "forward-looking" statements. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements. Specifically, but without limitation, statements relating to 1) customer benefits and value to customers from using Quantum Vision and Quantum Vision for iPhone app, and 2) customer demand for and Quantum's future revenue from such products, are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Safe Harbor. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Quantum on the date hereof. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause Quantum's actual results to differ materially from those implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include operational difficulties, unforeseen technical limitations, unexpected material deviation in product operation, the ability of competitors to introduce new solutions that compete more successfully with our solutions, unexpected changes in market conditions and unanticipated changes in customers' needs or requirements, as well as the risks set forth in Quantum's periodic filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, but not limited to, those risks and uncertainties listed in the section entitled "Risk Factors," in Quantum's Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 9, 2011 and in Quantum's Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 14, 2011, especially those risks listed in this section under the heading "Our operating results depend on a limited number of products and on new product introductions, which may not be successful, in which case our business, financial condition and operating results may be materially and adversely affected." Quantum expressly disclaims any obligation to update or alter its forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: deduplication, dedupe, iphone app, mobile backup app, mobile access, deduplication software, USA, Marketwire, IT (Information Technology), Security, Apple Computer, Financial, Appliances, Business, disaster, Other,