|Page (1) of 1 - 04/25/12||email article||print page|
Independent Research Firm Touts Bradford Networks as a NAC InnovatorBradford's Network Sentry Cited for Offering Great Value for the Investment; Ranked Ahead of Solutions From ForeScout, Cisco and Juniper (April 25, 2012)
CAMBRIDGE, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/25/12 -- Bradford Networks, the best choice to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices, today announced that independent research firm Info-Tech Research Group rated the Company as an innovator in the Network Access Control (NAC) market. Bradford's Network Sentry also received an "Exemplary" product rating, ranking it ahead of solutions from ForeScout, Juniper and Cisco in the product evaluation category.
The NAC market continues to evolve as businesses embrace mobile and Bring-Your-Own Device (BYOD) trends. The Info-Tech Research Group NAC Vendor Landscape evaluated solutions that are keeping up with these technology changes to support the full range of employees, guests, managed devices, unmanaged devices and BYOD. Bradford Networks was highlighted as one of a handful vendors offering full support for a mobile enterprise. In the report, Info-Tech stated that, "Bradford offers powerful NAC from a forward-thinking company."
The Info-Tech Research Group product analysis also resulted in the following findings about Bradford and its Network Sentry NAC solution:
- Bradford received a 99 out of 100 value score rating -- the value score indexes each vendor's product offering and business strength relative to its price point. Vendors that scored high offer businesses a greater value for the investment (e.g., feature, usability stability, etc...) than the average vendor. Bradford's value rating was more than double than that of vendors such as ForeScout, Cisco and Juniper;
- Network Sentry received an "Exemplary" product rating, excelling in product features, usability, affordability and architecture;
- Network Sentry provides strong endpoint baselining, with a variety of agent-driven and agentless approaches;
- Bradford's focus on security in a BYOD world ensures that Network Sentry will remain a viable solution as the enterprise evolves;
- Businesses with a heterogeneous network, in terms of both infrastructure vendors and endpoint devices (e.g. with a BYOD policy), will find Bradford's NAC very accommodating.
"To safeguard against the security challenges brought about by the BYOD trend, businesses need to be able to distinguish between corporate owned assets and consumer devices, and apply appropriate security policy on all devices," said Frank Andrus, CTO of Bradford Networks. "As a pioneer in the NAC market, this evaluation re-affirms Bradford's commitment to providing customers with the most advanced NAC solution to address the changing enterprise network."
About Bradford Networks
Bradford Networks offers the best solution to enable secure network access for corporate issued and personal mobile devices. The company's flexible Network Sentry platform is the first network security offering that can automatically identify and profile all devices and all users on a network, providing complete visibility and control. Unlike vendor-specific network security products, Network Sentry provides a view across all brands of network equipment and connecting devices eliminating the network blind spots that can introduce risk. For more information, please visit www.bradfordnetworks.com.
All trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
email: Email Contact
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: network security, network access control, NAC, Office Equipment, Security, Business Issues, Marketwire, , IT (Information Technology), Security, Business,