|Page (1) of 1 - 02/21/12||email article||print page|
Independent Health Moves to Information-Centric Organization With Kalido(R) Information Engine(TM) on Oracle Exadata(R) Database MachineLeading Regional Health Insurer Deploys Kalido on Oracle Exadata for High Performance and Scalability (February 21, 2012)
LAS VEGAS, NV -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/12 -- HIMSS, Booth #13559
- Independent Health, a leading regional based health insurance provider, has selected the Kalido® Information Engine High Performance Platform Edition and will deploy it on the Oracle Exadata® Database Machine.
- Independent Health has been seeking to reduce costs through improved analysis of market conditions, more efficient identification of fraud as well as to advance its pioneering efforts to meet market demands and provide high-quality, affordable health coverage.
- The Independent Health team realized they would need to dramatically increase both the scale and performance of their data warehousing environment in order to get the best answers needed to improve their competitive edge.
- After extensive evaluation of leading high-performance data warehouse platforms Independent Health selected Kalido on Oracle Exadata Database Machine because of a dramatic improvement in performance, scalability, extensibility and seamless migration and compatibility with its existing data warehouse based on Oracle Database 11g.
- Independent Health developed its enterprise data warehouse with the Kalido Information Engine to replace a traditional ETL-based system. With Kalido, Independent Health can better contain operating costs by more effectively managing data related to members, providers and claims.
Judith Feldman, senior vice president and chief information officer at Independent Health, said:
- "The rising cost of healthcare continues to be of vital concern in our industry. As we do our part in managing these costs we needed a high-performance platform to stay ahead of the curve. With Kalido running on Oracle Exadata Database Machine, we can provide more information faster to our business without impacting our operations."
Charles Doucot, vice president of worldwide sales at Kalido, said:
- "Independent Health is on the leading edge when it comes to delivering high-value analytics for their business. The Kalido Information Engine on Oracle Exadata Database Machine gives them dramatically greater scalability. The combination of Kalido and Oracle Exadata will help Independent Health gain better, more frequent insights to drive their business."
- Attend one of Kalido's special HIMSS12 sessions, Tuesday, February 21, and Wednesday, February 22, on "How to Build an Agile Foundation for Health Information Analytics." Register at: http://info.kalido.com/HIMSS_Sessions.html
- Learn more about Independent Health and Kalido during HIMSS, February 21-23: http://bit.ly/Agility-at-HIMSS
- Watch and listen to Judith Feldman speaking during the on-demand webinar, "A CIO's View: Transforming Healthcare Using an Information-Centric Approach," at
- Join the conversation by joining Kalido's online community, Kalido Connections, at www.kalidoconnections.com or following us on Twitter @kalido
- Visit the Kalido blog, "Kalido Conversations," at http://blog.kalido.com
About Independent Health
Headquartered in Amherst, New York, Independent Health began operations in 1980 and has consistently been rated among the top health plans in the country for customer service and member satisfaction. Independent Health's comprehensive portfolio of product and service offerings include HMO, POS, PPO and EPO products, Medicare and Medicaid plans, traditional indemnity insurance, consumer-directed plans, coverage for self-funded employers, plus health savings account (HSA) and pharmacy benefit management (PBM) services. Independent Health's extensive provider networks include more than 846,000 physicians, 3,700 hospitals, and 60,000 pharmacies nationally. Combined, the company provides health benefits and services to nearly 375,000 individuals in Western New York and throughout the country. For more information, visit Independent Health's website at www.independenthealth.com.
Kalido is the leading provider of agile information management software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Kalido, data warehousing, data governance, business intelligence, MDM, master data management, BI, Sales, Insurance, Sales & Marketing, Database, Data Management, Business Intelligence, Management, Sales, Sales, Marketwire, , Insurance, healthcare, Surgery, Seniors Health, Seniors, Insurance Companies, Business,