|Page (1) of 1 - 02/15/02||email article||print page|
Impulse Releases Illusion for MacOS X support coming with version 3 release this summer
Illusion 2.0 works under Mac OS 9 and will also function in the OS X Classic environment. It offers a number of improvements over the earlier version, including:
- Particle sizes up to 2,048 x 2,048, as well as support for non-square particles.
- Particle import options now include resizing and cropping.
- Image stencils, which allow you to use one image as a sort of mask for particle effects that can be overlaid on top of another image.
- Area emitters for covering large areas of an image with particles.
- Improved motion blur, which now supports blurring particle angles (such as spin) and size (such as when a particle changes size).
- Motion blur is also now visible in the preview.
- The ability to change the particle reference point for varying effects.
- Ability to select multiple emitters.
- Ability to remove "black halo" from images with alpha channels.
The Illusion Mac version runs $300. A crossgrade from the PC to the Mac version costs $100. For more information, visit http://www.coolfun.com/illusion.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Impulse Releases Illusion for Mac
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved