|Page (1) of 1 - 04/08/08||email article||print page|
Imagica Technologies Corp. Introduces O-giNew Plug-ins Provide Image Quality Augmentation for Autodesk® Inferno®, Flint®, Flame®, Fire® and Smoke® Systems (April 08, 2008)
announced today the introduction of O-gi, a brand new set of image quality enhancement plug-ins for Autodesk® Inferno, Flame, Flint, Fire, and Smoke systems. O-gi is a set of powerful noise reduction and clean-up filters
designed to help improve a range of image quality problems typically faced by post production facilities.
"In our continued effort to develop products that simplify and automate technical processes for our clients, we're very excited to introduce this new set of plug-in tools," said Yasushi Mishima, President and CEO, IMAGICA Technologies Corp. "O-gi is designed to address image quality augmentation issues faced by post houses all around the globe. Like IMAGICA's Primatte chromakey technology, we anticipate that the adoption of O-gi among post facilities will be widespread."
O-gi plug-ins include filters to automate many routine image enhancement tasks:
* O-gi: Video Signal Legalizer - Brings luminance/chroma levels smoothly into conformance with video "legal" limits. With most video legalizers, video signals that exceed legal video limits would be just chopped off causing details to be lost and resulting in a degradation of the video quality. This plug-in "soft clips" the illegal signal, maintaining the
original details. It is best used before generating final output.
* O-gi: Wrinkle Diminisher - Smoothes and beautifies skin imperfections. By simplifying the sequential operations for beautifying skin, operators are freed from more tedious techniques and rewarded with faster processing times.
* O-gi: Mach Band Suppresser - Removes troublesome color banding in digital cel animation, which often does not become visible until after DVD encoding or is hidden by inferior monitors.
* O-gi: Video Noise Detector - Helps isolate sources of visual noise within an image.
* O-gi: Edge Preserving Smoother - Eliminates "sparkle" and grain noise while preserving edge details in the image. Most standard edge preserving filters allow film grain noise to be blurred, but often require complicated parameter adjustments to completely remove the noise. With this plug-in image noise can be easily removed with simple parameter adjustments.
O-gi will be available to customers in July of 2008. Plug-ins for SD/HD versions of Flint and Smoke systems will be priced at $5,000 US, while plug-ins for 2K versions of Inferno, Fire, Flame and Smoke systems will cost $8,000 US.
About IMAGICA Technologies Corp.
IMAGICA Technologies Corp. (ITC) is a division of IMAGICA Robot Holdings, Inc., one of the largest entertainment technology companies in Japan. ITC provides front and back-end digital imaging solutions for feature film with the Imager XE and HSX Film Scanners and the HSR Film Recorder, as well as a line of software products which includes the industry-leading Primatte keying technology for blue and green screen removal, and the O-gi image processing plug-in package for Autodesk Inferno, Flame, Flint, Fire and Smoke platforms. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, ITC also maintains a sales and support office in Los Angeles, California. For more information, please visit http://www.imagica-technologies.com/ or call +81-3-3238-2677.
Related Keywords:Imagica Technologies Corp. Introduces O-gi
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved