|Page (1) of 1 - 03/05/02||email article||print page|
Igniter Gets New RGB ProcessingFirmware update available for download
Aurora calls the new technology "Adaptive Image Control." According to the company, Adaptive Image Control corrects contouring and artifacts caused by rounding errors and approximations by "anticipating, sensing and removing introduced errors from RGB to video conversions." AIC works with MJPEG-A, variable offline compression and the full, uncompressed online format. It's available for both Igniter and IgniterRT systems.
IgniterRT, the most recent addition to Aurora's hardware lineup, adds real-time capabilities to Final Cut Pro and Premiere. The card offers real-time fades and color correction, such as brightness, contrast, gamma, luma and chroma. Other features include:
- 13.3 Megabytes per second data rates
- Uncompressed Option Standard
- Fully compatible with Final Cut Pro 2.0 Real Time Effects
- Offers Single-Stream Real Time Effects, such as color corrections, brightness and contrast controls etc.
- All Real Time effects processed in 10-bit YUV hardware
- Film Option also Available
- On board fully synchronized audio, up to 16-bit 48kHz Stereo
- Full CCIR, CIF, QCIF resolution support
- Genlocking capability through any valid input
- Fully QuickTime MJPEG-A format compatible
- Custom PowerPC drivers written for the Mac
- Ignition control panel to configure settings on the capture card.
- Video Previewer for taking a snapshot of the Mac Desktop (up to 720 x 486 window size) and displaying it on the IgniterRT outputs or NTSC monitor.
The IgniterRT board is available for $1,999. The New RGB driver/firmware components are available as free downloads from Aurora's Web site. For more information, visit http://www.auroravideosys.com.
Dave Nagel is the producer of Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; host of several World Wide User Groups, including Synthetik Studio Artist, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe LiveMotion, Creative Mac and Digital Media Designer; and executive producer of the Digital Media Net family of publications. You can reach him at [email protected].
Related Keywords:Igniter Gets New RGB Processing
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved