|Page (1) of 1 - 04/21/10||email article||print page|
Idol Fanatic: This Week's American Idol Winners & LosersPredictions Include Shocking Results for the Bottom Three (April 21, 2010)
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/21/10 --
- For the past three weeks, voters from Idol Fanatic -- a Facebook application that gives fans of FOX's American Idol a new way to cast votes online -- have accurately predicted the show's bottom three performers, in line with the 30+ million votes each week.
- Acting as a "redial agent" for voter phone calls, Idol Fanatic gives fans an alternative to texting or calling in their votes after the show. Rather than compete with busy signals or sending multiple text messages, American Idol fans can now log their votes directly through Facebook, while simultaneously engaging with other fans of the show.
- Based on last night's "Inspirational" performance show, the application's 1600 Fanatics continue to think Tim Urban is the show's weakest performer. He's joined this week by Aaron Kelly who first sang "I Believe I Can Fly" in kindergarten.
- In a surprising twist, Fanatics didn't connect with Casey James' bluesy take on the Fleetwood Mac classic "Don't Stop (Yesterday's Gone)," capturing only 7.8% of the votes.
- Fans continue to love Crystal Bowersox and this week is no exception -- she received the overwhelming percentage (42.9%) of votes for her emotional rendition of Curtis Mayfield's "People Get Ready."
- Overall voting results from Idol Fanatic:
- Crystal Bowersox - 42.9%
- Lee DeWyze - 15.6%
- Siobhan Magnus - 11.1%
- Michael Lynche - 8.5%
- Aaron Kelly - 8.3%
- Casey James - 7.8%
- Tim Urban - 5.9%
- Idol Fanatic is based on Ribbit, an open platform for building communications-enabled applications.
About Idol Fanatic
Idol Fanatic is a free social voting application that allows fans to submit official votes for their favorite American Idol contestants through Facebook while sharing comments and results with friends. Idol Fanatic is powered by Ribbit, an open platform for communications innovation. Idol Fanatic is NOT affiliated with the FOX television network or American Idol.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1231738
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords:american idol, idol fanatic, Broadcast, Broadcast Technology, Broadcast, Mac, OS9, OSX, Marketwire, Television, Other,