|Page (1) of 1 - 04/14/05||email article||print page|
IMAGICA Announces New DI Solutions at NAB 2005Answers to the expanding demands of Digital Intermediate (April 14, 2005)
IMAGICA CORP., Tokyo, Japan, announced today that it would introduce IMAGICA's answers to the expanding demands of Digital Intermediate during NAB 2005 at Booth SL-4234. The highlights are as follows:
1: IMAGER XE Advanced Plus
* IMAGICA's latest model of IMAGER XE Digital Film Scanner, the fastest pin-registered scanner in 4K with a speed of 1.3sec/frame in 2K and 2.5sec/frame in 4K.
* Liquid gate is now available as an option, and eliminates the effects of scratches and significantly reduces the cost of dust busting in the post process.
2: GALETTE Color Management System, CHYBOX and COLOR MINE
* GALETTE is a CMS (Color Management System) that enables the user to view color accurately when projecting digital film data to a screen.
* GALETTE CHYBOX, real time 3D color LUT processor, bridges different color spaces of (film/digital) motion picture projector/monitors.
* GALETTE COLOR MINE, tool set for measuring accurate color space of motion picture film environment and providing profile(s) for users CMS in DI pipe line.
3: cinecure & cineflip
* cinecure is a paint type dust and scratch removal system. Remove dust, scratches, lint and stains from digital images easily, quickly and flawlessly.
* cineflip is a software based 2K image player, quick and light to handle the 2K motion picture files.
4: IMAGER HSX High Speed Digital Film Scanner
* IMAGICA's 4th generation pin registered digital film scanner, which scans 35mm film at a speed of 3 fps in 2K and 0.5 fps in 4K.
* Digital ICE, licensed from Eastman Kodak, will be available to detect any scratch and dust on the film surfaces and to out-put alpha channel data of the infra-red scanned image. The users of Imager HSX will be able to use the alpha channel data to remove surface defects and conceal the dust and scratches from the scanned image.
5: IMAGER HSR High Speed Digital Film Recorder
* Building upon pioneering recorder technology from Eastman Kodak and IMAGICA's real-time HD to film recorder, IMAGER HSR offers a speed of 3fps in 2K (2048/1828 x 1536/1028 pixels) data to 5242 Intermediate Film for Digital Interpositive or Internegative Films.
6: ASSIMILATE's Data-Centric SCRATCH will be able to control & plug-in access to IMAGICA's DI solutions; GALETTE CMS, cinecure and IMAGER XE Advanced Digital Film Scanners. The combination of the two companies and their respective products will provide this market with unprecedented post-production capabilities for native 2k, 4k, and beyond on open-architecture platforms.
About IMAGICA Corp.:
Imagica Corp., Tokyo, Japan, founded in 1935, is one of the largest film lab. & post-production facilities in Japan. Imagica has been a leader in the entertainment industry by providing the best solutions for digital intermediate and digital cinema productions.
For further information, contact:
IMAGICA Corp. 2-14-1 Higashi-gotanda, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo Japan, telephone 3-3280-1119, fax 3-3280-7527 or visit http://www.ise.imagica.co.jp/imager.
Related Keywords:IMAGICA, DI, Digital Intermediate, IMAGER XE, IMAGER XE Advanced Plus, Digital Film Scanner, GALETTE, CHYBOX, COLOR MINE, LUT, CMS, cinecure, cineflip, IMAGER HSX, Digital ICE, Eastman Kodak, IMAGER HSR, film recorder, ASSIMILATE, SCRATCH,