|Page (1) of 1 - 07/09/12||email article||print page|
IDG Enterprise Expands CITE Event Portfolio With the CITE One-Day Forum; Addresses Opportunities and Challenges of 'Consumerization of IT in the Enterprise'CITE Forum, October 10, 2012, New York, NY (July 09, 2012)
FRAMINGHAM, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/09/12 -- IDG Enterprise -- the media company comprising Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, CIO Executive Council, ITworld and CFOworld -- announces the next event devoted exclusively to the consumerization of IT in the enterprise (CITE). The CITE Forum -- taking place October 10, 2012 in New York City -- expands upon the successful launch of CITE Conference & Expo earlier this year. The one-day forum will gather leading IT and business decision-makers and solution providers for a comprehensive look at the emerging issues, demands and opportunities surrounding the influence of consumer technologies on business and today's workplace.
CITE Forum will provide insights into the ways the enterprise can embrace new devices, social tools, the app store paradigm and more to create business advantage, and retain and empower both customers and employees. As consumerization precipitates new workflows, methods of decision-making and governance processes, it isn't easy for many businesses to grasp -- but is essential to meet the changing needs of the marketplace. With expert speakers, top solution providers and experienced IT peers on site, CITE Forum will enable best practice discussions to equip organizations to keep up with the speed of change.
"The confluence of social, mobile and cloud technologies is rewriting the computing and business landscape," said Michael Friedenberg, president & CEO, IDG Enterprise. "CITE Forum, like CITE Conference and Expo before it, will engage IT and business leaders in exploring how to embrace this shift to build competitive advantage."
The CITE Forum -- developed in conjunction with an advisory board of industry thought leaders -- gives IT and business decision-makers a holistic view of new best practices surrounding the integration of social, mobile and cloud in the workplace, from the use of tablets and smartphones to social technologies and more. Sessions will align with the conference tagline "Meet the Next Generation of Business," including:
- The new agile enterprise
- Cost-effective, business-smart mobile application strategies
- The latest on BYOD (bring your own device) strategies
- New techniques for creating a social enterprise
- How to re-tool IT roles for the next-generation enterprise
- Where organizations are seeing the biggest benefits from tablet computers
- Best practices for data access & integration across clouds and devices
- And much, much more
The CITE Advisory Board includes:
- Whitney Tidmarsh Bouck, General Manager, Box Enterprise, Box
- Jane Boulware, General Manager, US Windows Client, Microsoft
- Kim (Woodward) DeCarlis, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Citrix Systems
- Anne McCrory, VP, Marketing and Content Strategy, Events, IDG Enterprise
- Cindy McKenzie, SVP, Enterprise Application Management, Fox Group
- Bob Melk, SVP, Group Publisher & CMO, IDG Enterprise
- Madge M. Meyer, Executive Vice President, Chief Innovation Officer and Technology Fellow, State Street Corporation
- Doug Neal, Research Fellow, Leading Edge Forum, CSC
- Alex Rosen, Managing Director, IDG Ventures
- Susan Scrupski, Founder and Executive Director, Social Business Council
- Polly Sumner, Chief Adoption Officer, Salesforce.com
Premiere sponsors include: Game Changers -- AppSense and Box (with only one Game Changer sponsorship remaining); Innovator -- Accellion, Microsoft and NTT; and Next Gen -- Good Technologies and Infragistics.
For more information regarding sponsorship opportunities, please contact Adam Dennison, vice president/publisher, CIO at [email protected]. For more information regarding this forum and to sign up for news alerts, please visit www.citeforum.com. Event updates will also be broadcast on Twitter @CITEconference, #CITEforum.
About IDG Enterprise
IDG Enterprise, an International Data Group (IDG) company, brings together the leading editorial brands (Computerworld, InfoWorld, Network World, CIO, DEMO, CSO, ITworld, and CFOworld) to serve the information needs of our technology -- and security-focused audiences. As the premier high-tech B2B media company, we serve our reader and advertiser audiences by delivering award-winning content, community, conversation and conversion solutions across our entire portfolio of websites, events, magazines, products and services. In addition, the CIO Executive Council is a peer advisory service that delivers on the business, technology, and leadership needs for the world's elite CIOs and their respective staffs.
Company information is available at www.idgenterprise.com.
Marketing & PR Specialist
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: CITE conference, #CITEforum , Communications, Smart Phone, Sales & Marketing, Productivity Applications, Computer Technology, Mobile Devices, Management, CTO/CIO, CEO/CFO, CMO, CSO, Marketwire, Business,