|Page (1) of 1 - 04/19/12||email article||print page|
HyperCITY Leverages Oracle Retail Stores Applications to Optimize Store Operations and Enhance the Customer ExperienceIndia's Hypermarket HyperCITY Deploys Oracle Retail to Help Improve Promotions, Loyalty and Compliance Initiatives (April 19, 2012)
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/19/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- HyperCITY Retail India Ltd has implemented Oracle Retail solutions to integrate retail store operations and help deliver better insight into its 12-store hypermarket business to optimize sales, profitability and customer service initiatives.
- HyperCITY is committed to delivering a superior shopping experience, providing a wide range of quality products and value added services, and the deployment of Oracle Retail is a key component in its strategy to continually evaluate and improve the customer experience.
- Oracle Retail Point-of-Service, Oracle Retail Central Office and Oracle Retail Back Office enable HyperCITY to create a single, centralized platform for hypermarket operations that delivers a consolidated and accurate view of store data, customer information, compliance analysis and item performance.
- The advanced, real-time price execution capabilities provided by Oracle Retail Point-of-Service help support better management of pricing and promotional activities, enabling HyperCITY to deliver a variety of time and transaction based promotions and drive sales.
- HyperCITY has integrated Oracle Retail Stores applications with its existing Oracle E-Business Suite Financials, Oracle's PeopleSoft Human Capital Management and Oracle Data Integrator to improve and leverage centralized inventory and financial processes and information governance across store locations, and reduce integration costs.
- In addition, the Oracle Retail solutions integrate with existing Discovery Club customer loyalty program and employee discount interfaces to allow HyperCITY to coordinate activities, manage compliance and provide a comprehensive view of the business.
- Alignment with its existing infrastructure was key to HyperCITY's selection of Oracle Retail, along with proven scalability and flexibility to grow with the business and strong retail functionality.
- Infodart Technologies, a Gold level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), has helped the implementation since 2010, supporting the first store go-live in October 2011 and completing the roll out in the flagship Malad store in Mumbai this March.
- "Our investment in Oracle Retail solutions is enabling us not only to provide a more consistent customer experience in store but also to optimize our performance by better matching consumer demand with merchandising and operational requirements. Ultimately, this will help HyperCITY to continue to deliver that differentiated and superior shopping experience that we are committed to providing," said Mark Ashman, CEO, HyperCITY Retail India.
- "HyperCITY has distinguished itself as a leader in using the power of technology to provide an excellent experience to their customers with great product availability, attractive promotions and quick check outs. HyperCITY is a valuable addition to our list of successful retailers worldwide using Oracle technology," said Mukesh Mathur, Executive Director and Business Head, Oracle Retail India.
- "In the highly competitive Indian retail environment, retaining customers is critical," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "HyperCITY's approach to leveraging technology to build an experience platform that delivers a more holistic view of its stores, inventory and customer information is key to driving business performance and optimizing the customer experience."
- About HyperCITY
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail International Blog
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Oracle in Retail
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Oracle Retail, India, Customer, HyperCITY, Point-of-Service, Back Office, Central Office, Experience, Sales,Applications,Sales & Marketing,Storage,Internet,Business Issues,Hardware,Services,Software,Misc,Internet Server Applications,Web Servers,Management,Sales,CEO/CFO,Sales,India,Marketwire, ,Financial,Gold,Discount,Lifestyle,Internet Technology,Business,india,Other,