|Page (1) of 1 - 08/24/11||email article||print page|
How Many Trees Could Be Saved by Using eBooks for Textbooks?ChaCha a Helpful Tutor for Back-to-School Questions and Early Technology Adopters (August 24, 2011)
INDIANAPOLIS, IN -- (Marketwire) -- 08/24/11 -- ChaCha, the #1 source for free real-time information and answers, is a top destination for back-to-school shoppers and trendsetting teens.
According to figures released in comScore's July 2011 Plan Metrix Site Audience Profile Report, ChaCha users are twice as likely to research and buy popular clothing, electronics and textbooks online. With an audience 113% more likely to be students, ChaCha draws users who tend to be the most influential among their peers, embracing new styles, technologies and online retail trends ahead of the curve.
ChaCha users are more likely to shop online for clothes, technology, and textbooks as indicated by the following stats (as measured by comScore's Plan Metrix Site Audience profile report, July 2011):
- 232% more likely to purchase female teen clothes online
- 161% more likely to have recently purchased a laptop online and 112% more likely to have spent over $1000
- 702% more likely to shop for software online, but still tend to purchase offline
- Over 2x more likely to shop for and purchase textbooks online
- 429% more likely to take classes online for credit
These fashion-forward ChaCha users are always eager to keep up with the latest trends and are far more likely to shop at leading retailers than their peers. Here are some of the top brands shopped for by ChaCha users (as measured by comScore's Plan Metrix Site Audience profile report, July 2011):
- J. Crew (626% more likely)
- The Limited (414% more likely)
- Abercrombie & Fitch (154% more likely)
- Hollister (303% more likely)
- Express (172% more likely)
- Marshall's (140% more likely)
As ChaCha users continue to embrace the back-to-school spirit, they have been quizzing ChaCha on a whole host of questions like:
- How many trees would replacing textbooks with e-books save?
- Why is the apple the symbol for schools?
- What are some essential back-to-school items?
- How fast can a school bus drive?
Eager students can dive even further into the back-to-school spirit by visiting ChaCha.com's popular in-depth back-to-school content including "4 Tips to Save on Back-to-School" and "Three New Ways to Buy Textbooks" galleries as well as two popular quizzes: "Which Back-to-School Trend Should You Try?" and "What's Your Back-To-School Profile?"
ChaCha (http://www.chacha.com) is the leading source for real-time information and answers. Through its unique "ask-a-smart-friend" platform, ChaCha has answered nearly two billion questions since launch from more than 25 million unique users per month via online (ChaCha.com), mobile text (242-242), iPhone app, Android app and voice (1-800-2-ChaCha). Working with major brands such as Paramount, AT&T, Sony, Cirque du Soleil, Johnson & Johnson, P&G, Coca-Cola, McDonald's and hundreds of others, ChaCha is one of the fastest growing mobile and online publishers according to Nielsen, comScore and Quantcast.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1711039
Embedded Video Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1711042
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: back-to-school, textbooks, shopping, classes, ebooks, comscore, trends, abercrombie, schoolbus, Marketwire, Sony, Apple Computer, Teens,