|Page (1) of 1 - 03/29/12||email article||print page|
HotelTonight Brings a Sleek, Seamless Booking Experience to iPad UsersA Visually Stunning and Engaging Way to Discover Last-Minute Hotel Deals; Supports Retina Display on New iPad (March 29, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/29/12 --
Core News Facts:
- HotelTonight, the last-minute hotel booking app, today announced the availability of its universal iOS app optimized for the iPad.
- A leader in mobile travel, HotelTonight is the ultimate way for travelers to find incredible last-minute deals at top hotels nationwide.
- Each day at noon, HotelTonight offers same-day hotel deals in 30+ cities across the country in a variety of categories from Basic to Hip and Luxe.
- All hotels are personally vetted by HotelTonight staff and rooms can be booked until 2:00 a.m. in each destination's time zone.
- A limited number of hotels are displayed each night in each destination, allowing for the lowest possible rates and a simpler, more user-friendly booking process.
- The free HotelTonight App, available now on the App Store, lets you book hotels with just three taps and a swipe, from app launch to completed booking.
- New user experience enhanced for iPad including:
- Hotel profiles featuring an imaginative, infinitely scrolling collage UI
- Larger maps and higher resolution images, fully-optimized for the Retina display on the new iPad.
- Additional features include:
- Visually visit and explore HotelTonight's destinations via high-resolution photography, including stunning panoramas from renowned photographer Trey Ratcliff.
- Confirm a booking quickly and simply by tracing the HotelTonight "h-bed" logo with your finger (it's fun, too).
- Easily enter your credit card details with minimal taps and the information is subsequently saved to your account.
- Entice your friends to be spontaneous with you by sharing your bookings via email, Facebook, iMessage and Twitter.
- Track your credits and bookings on the home page of the app.
- Use HotelTonight on your iPhone or iPod touch when you need to instantly book a hotel on-the-go and on your iPad when you need to book on-the-go but prefer a larger screen and a more visual booking experience.
Sam Shank, CEO, HotelTonight
"Our latest app includes everything users love about HotelTonight, scaled up for the iPad. The great design and merchandising of hotel options make the app fun and exciting to use. Our team has been working hard to make sure the HotelTonight experience is the best of its kind. We're raising the bar for the iPad experience, similar to what we did on the iPhone, and we believe we have the best last-minute hotel booking iPad app on the market."
Ray Lillywhite, Lead iOS Developer, HotelTonight
"We had high ambitions for this app, including a fully custom UI, and only a short amount of time to turn our idea into a masterpiece. Needless to say it was all hands on deck. We began building in mid-December and worked many late nights, consumed more caffeine and take-out than usual, in order to get every detail right in due time. We're thrilled to see this project come to fruition and couldn't be happier with the results."
Katie Barr, Reservations/Revenue Manager, XV Beacon Hotel
"The HotelTonight App on iPad offers a unique and beautiful way for travelers to view and experience the XV Beacon Hotel like never before. From incredible images to specific room details, not to mention great deals not found anywhere else, we're certain our customers will be beyond impressed with their booking experience using the HotelTonight App on their iPad."
Pricing & Availability:
The HotelTonight App is available for free from the App Store on iPhone, iPad and iPad touch, or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
HotelTonight is the only booking app that is made-for-mobile. Available for free in the Apple App Store and on Google Play, HotelTonight offers the best pricing for last-minute deals at top hotels vetted personally by HotelTonight staff. Perfect for business travelers, leisure travelers and spontaneous locals, HotelTonight deals are currently available in over 30 destinations. Visit www.hoteltonight.com for more information and to download the app.
Inner Circle Labs for HotelTonight
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: HotelTonight, iPad, last minute, Marketwire, , Apple Computer, Business, Email,