|Page (1) of 1 - 04/05/11||email article||print page|
Hollywood Post Alliance to Host Wednesday Post Pit(April 05, 2011)
The Post Pit will include demonstrations by recipients of the 5th Annual HPA Award for Engineering Excellence and the HPA Award for Creativity & Innovation in Post Production, as well as winners of the Best of the HPA Tech Retreat Demos as voted by attendees of the HPA Tech Retreat.
"The Post Pit represents an important opportunity for post production-focused NAB attendees to distill the complex nature of the show," said Hollywood Post Alliance President Leon Silverman. "It will help people put what they see at NAB in context. They will come away with important and timely information on the latest workflows, tools and trends in post."
Highlights of The Post Pit will include:
* 1 Beyond, FotoKem and Light Iron Digital will make presentations on the latest developments in file-based, on-set workflow "lab" tools.
* Gradient Effects will demonstrate its GLoW technology used to produce 3-dimensional digital fingerprints of sets.
* Digital Vision will make a presentation on the Academy Color Encoding Specification (ACES) format and color timing in OpenEXR.
* HPA Board Member and Technology Consultant Jerry Pierce will discuss the Interoperable Master Format (IMF), recently added to the SMPTE standardization process.
* DVS Video Systems and SalesForce.com will present an example of automated IMF, cloud-based workflows used in conjunction with a DVS Clipster to create deliverables.
* Cine-tal will speak to the challenges of creating proper metadata in production and post to ensure consistency in display.
* Sony Electronics will highlight its 17-year effort to develop OLED technologies for field and studio environments.
* Reliance MediaWorks will demonstrate image optimization software and discuss the impact of such power tools on digital post production workflows.
* Nexidia will present its sound search and analysis software which can identify and view any word or phrase spoken in a video archive...in seconds.
"The Hollywood Post Alliance is proud to be partnering with the NAB Show," Silverman said. "In addition to presenting award-winning content, The Post Pit will be a great spot for the post production community to meet and exchange up-to-the-minute ideas with their colleagues. See you in The Pit!"
The Hollywood Post Alliance(r) serves the professional community of businesses and individuals who provide expertise, support, tools and the infrastructure for the creation and finishing of motion pictures, television, commercials, digital media and other dynamic media content.
Related Keywords:Hollywood Post Alliance, HPA, NAB, Post Pit
Source:Digital Media Online. All Rights Reserved