|Page (1) of 1 - 04/17/12||email article||print page|
Hogan to Lead Six Sessions at SIOP's 27th Annual ConferenceExperts to Share Research and Insight (April 17, 2012)
TULSA, OK -- (Marketwire) -- 04/17/12 -- Hogan Assessments, a global leader in personality research and leadership development, today announced details of the sessions the company will deliver during the Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology's 27th annual conference, SIOP 2012. The three-day conference will be held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego from Thursday, April 26 to Saturday, April 28, 2012.
Aimed at showcasing the impact that industrial and organizational psychologists make on the world, SIOP 2012 will provide the opportunity for industry professionals to learn and connect with one another and continue to increase their impact in the future. Hogan Assessments will have a prominent role in the conference, with its executives and subject matter experts leading six educational sessions, including:
- Reality Check: Explaining Complex Testing Approaches to End Users (Thursday, April 26 at 12:30 p.m.) - Greg Barnett, Hogan's Director of Product Development, will serve as a panelist during this session that addresses how to explain modern testing methods and concepts to end users such as applicants and hiring managers. He will also discuss the perils and opportunities involved with informing users of these complex testing methods.
- Theory-Driven, Personality-Based Leadership Development (Thursday, April 26 at 3:30 p.m.) - During this forum session, Robert Hogan, President of Hogan Assessments, and Joyce Hogan, Vice President, will demonstrate how their socioanalytic theory of personality (Hogan, 1983, 2007) can help develop managers into better leaders. They will also provide an overview of the theory as well as share new research and application models.
- Predicting Entry-Level Performance Using Facet-Level, Personality-Based Employability Scales (Thursday, April 26 at 4:30 p.m.) - In this case study presentation, Hogan Research Consultants Ashley Palmer and Dara Pickering will present results of a study that examined the predictive validity of facet-level, personality-based employability measures in relation to entry-level job performance.
- Do Values Really Differ by Generation? A Multi-Assessment Review (Friday, April 27 at 8:30 a.m.) - During this forum discussion, Kevin D. Meyer, Consultant for Hogan's International Consulting Practice, and Jeff Foster, Director of Research & Development for Hogan, will share results of an examination into the generational differences in individual workplace values and interests and discuss whether such differences actually exist.
- Cross-Cultural Testing Considerations for a Variety of Item Types (Friday, April 27 at 5:00 p.m.) - In this session, Hogan Research Consultants Stephen Nichols and Dara Pickering will share findings about the considerations organizations should take into account when implementing cross-cultural personality assessments. They will also discuss how organizations can ensure such programs remain technically sound.
- The Personality of Patient Care: Increasing Leadership Impact in Healthcare (Saturday, April 28, 2012 at 12:00 p.m.) - During this session, Ashley Palmer, Research Consultant, and Adam Vassar, Senior Consultant for Hogan, will discuss how leadership performance is critical for the effectiveness of health care organizations as they navigate current challenges and a future of volatility. They will present research on methods that organizations can use to leverage personality assessments to identify and develop future health care leaders.
"We are proud to continue our support of the Society for Industrial & Organizational Psychology and its SIOP conferences," said Hogan VP of Global Alliances Ryan Ross. "Since Hogan was founded, advancing the study of industrial and organizational psychology has been one of our core tenants. SIOP and its sponsors provide an important forum for us to share knowledge and ideas with some of today's leading professionals."
About Hogan Assessment Systems
With more than 30 years of experience, Hogan is the global leader in providing comprehensive, research-based personality assessment and consulting. Grounded in decades of science, Hogan helps businesses dramatically reduce turnover and increase productivity by hiring the right people, developing key talent and evaluating leadership potential.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: SIOP, Hogan, assessments, industrial, organizational psychology, testing, research, Marketwire, ,Medical,Science,