|Page (1) of 1 - 07/11/12||email article||print page|
Highest Performance SnapSAN From Overland Storage to Date Delivers SSD Acceleration With Business ContinuityAdvanced High Availability and Automated Tiering Enable IT to Align Application-Driven Performance and Uptime Requirements in Virtualized, Private Cloud and Compliance Environments (July 11, 2012)
SAN DIEGO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 07/11/12 -- Overland Storage (NASDAQ: OVRL), the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions across the data lifecycle, today announced a family of SnapSAN solutions for high performance computing. Scalable to 288TBs, the SnapSAN 3000 and SnapSAN 5000 are fully redundant systems with 99.999 percent availability and set a new benchmark for enterprise level automation and performance capabilities. With an easy-to-use interface for performing transparent, non-disruptive data movement, the new SnapSAN features multidimensional tiers that maintain optimal performance and provisioning without IT intervention. For enterprise class data protection without the high incremental costs usually associated with such capabilities, both products come standard with real time replication, volume cloning, snapshots and thin provisioning. Certified for Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V and VMware, the SnapSAN 3000 and SnapSAN 5000 also have built-in VMware API support, as well as a vCenter plugin for seamlessly integrated administration. Ideally suited for I/O intensive applications, virtualized and private cloud environments, as well as regulatory compliance, the new SnapSAN from Overland Storage allows administrators to quickly provision storage to easily meet application-driven and compliance requirements.
"With the SnapSAN 3000 and 5000, Overland has brought many highly advanced storage features to the mid-market with an all-inclusive price model that is welcomed by customers. The advanced features are highly valuable and usually associated with much more expensive systems," said Randy Kerns, senior strategist, Evaluator Group.
"Our clients are having to manage growing amounts of data, and must meet increasing performance needs with limited IT budgets and resources," said Robert Lennon, President and CEO, SANDirect. "We're excited to be partnering with Overland Storage to deliver the SnapSAN 3000 and 5000 to our customers. These new solutions offer the latest in data storage technology, including advanced automation and performance features, at a significantly lower price point than any similar solution on the market."
Ideal Use Cases for the New SnapSAN Solutions:
- Automation Capabilities Enable Better Amortization of Private Cloud Infrastructure
Advanced automation features empower businesses and service-based organizations to increase the density of hosted virtual machines. AutoTier and AutoTune enable companies to monitor data utilization and optimize storage tiers without requiring intervention. AutoCache makes optimal use of SSD technology by caching all writes and avoiding I/O latencies associated with traditional hard drives.
- SSDs Enable Unparalleled Performance for Virtualized or I/O Intensive Environments
Utilizing AutoTier allows for more efficient use of resources by application, while AutoCache eliminates I/O bottlenecks improving data access performance. Increasing file-level performance by as much as 200-800 percent and overall application performance by 30-40 percent, SnapSAN truly leverages the efficiency benefits of virtualization. Whether using solid-state drive (SSD) technology as primary storage or data caching, the use of SSDs has a positive impact on power efficiencies and performance.
- Advanced Features to Meet the Most Demanding Compliance Requirements
An ideal solution for companies that must meet stringent regulatory needs, the SnapSAN 3000 ensures that base compliance requirements are met at a price point that fits within tight budgets. For companies that are faced with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), HIPPA and EPA regulations, the SnapSAN 5000 features Write Once Read Many (WORM) capabilities enabling companies to collect, protect and archive compliance-based information that is unchangeable and can be made instantly accessible.
SnapSAN 3000 and SnapSAN 5000 Features and Benefits
- Reliability and Availability - With 99.999 percent availability, both systems provide active-active controllers, on-board flash memory for added cache protection, fully redundant power supplies, battery backed cache and advanced drive and RAID error detection.
- High Performance - With 10K 2.5" SAS, 15K SAS and SSD options, as well as support for single or dual 1GbE or 10GbE iSCSI, 8Gb Fibre Channel and 6Gb SAS controllers the SnapSAN delivers the superior performance and flexibility that businesses need to support critical online services including cloud storage, high performance database applications and Microsoft Exchange.
- Advanced Data Protection - With real time remote replication, volume cloning, snapshots, thin provisioning, advanced RAID protection and encrypted drive support, the SnapSAN supports business continuity and increased backup efficiency, while ensuring application consistency during backup and replication.
SnapSAN 5000 delivers increased performance and advanced automation, featuring:
- AutoCache - Designed to support primary storage requirements, automatic caching provides accelerated performance for I/O intensive environments, virtualization and database applications with up to 800GB of additional SSD cache memory.
- AutoTune - Performance tuning features provide real-time performance monitoring giving administrators the ability to visualize performance data and assists with rapid performance analysis that can be leveraged by the AutoTier feature.
- AutoTier - Automatic tiering enables users to create different tiers of storage within the same system for primary or nearline storage deployments. Performance levels of each volume are monitored and data is automatically moved to the faster storage pool depending on usage without intervention.
- Compliance - WORM technology protects against any intentional or unintentional changes to data ensuring that regulatory and corporate requirements are achieved. In addition, the SnapSAN utilizes policy driven data retention periods giving the highest level of compliance available.
For a side-by-side comparison of the SnapSAN 3000 and 5000 features, please visit: www.overlandstorage.com/snapsan
"Our new offering takes the SnapSAN family of products to unprecedented levels with industry leading features that provide the instant accessibility and the performance required for data intensive business applications," said Joe Disher, director, product marketing disk products, Overland Storage. "We continue to focus on creating solutions that provide our customers with maximum value and performance while maintaining the ability to be easily deployed and managed within their existing infrastructure."
Pricing and Availability
With 24x7x4-hour on-site service and installation available worldwide, SnapSAN 3000 and SnapSAN 5000 are available immediately with a starting price of $13,999 through Overland Storage's worldwide sales channel. For more information, please visit www.overlandstorage.com.
About Overland Storage
Overland Storage is the trusted global provider of effortless data management and data protection solutions. By providing an integrated range of technologies and services for primary, nearline, offline, archival and cloud data storage, Overland makes it easy and cost effective to manage different tiers of information over time. Whether distributed data is across the hall or across the globe, Overland enables companies to focus on building their business instead of worrying about data growth. Overland SnapServer and SnapSAN solutions are available through a select network of value added resellers and system integrators. For more information, visit www.overlandstorage.com.
Overland Storage, SnapSAN and the Overland logo are trademarks of Overland Storage, Inc., that may be registered in some jurisdictions. All other trademarks used are owned by their respective owners.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: data management, data protection solutions, data lifecycle, autocache, virtualization, overland storage, Data Management, Business, Flash, Data Storage, Flash Memory, Marketing, Graphics/Design, Storage, Cloud, Marketwire, Inc., Environmental Technology, Business, Family, Other,