|Page (1) of 1 - 03/19/12||email article||print page|
Healthcare IT Consultancy Medullan Doubles Revenue in 2011Cambridge-Based Firm Lands Significant New Clients, Earns Growing Market Share in Exploding Healthcare IT Segment (March 19, 2012)
CAMBRIDGE, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 03/19/12 -- Medullan, Inc. (www.Medullan.com), the brains behind health technology innovation, today announced record results for 2011, with significant growth in revenue, customer base and profitability. 2011 revenue nearly doubled over the previous year, as did the company's overall customer base, and it now counts three of the world's top five healthcare organizations as its clients.
An IT consultancy, Medullan helps clients determine the best ways to engage healthcare consumers and then keep them motivated and connected. The firm supplements clients' in-house teams to help bring focus to their ideas and move projects forward to completion. Medullan can partner with clients at every stage of a development cycle -- problem definition, user experience design and software architecture -- resulting in highly innovative web and mobile applications that help improve healthcare delivery and consumption.
Other Medullan 2011 achievements include:
- Landing significant new clients, including Health Plus Management Services, Foundation Medicine, Verizon Wireless and Medicare Newsgroup.
- Engaging with existing clients such as Aetna on major new initiatives.
- A February 2011 move to new office space in Cambridge that is twice as large as its previous location and further expansion expected within the year.
- Medullan senior executives were invited to speak at prestigious industry events such as 2011 World Congress 3rd Annual mHealth Leadership Summit and Health 2.0's Annual Fall Conference.
- Key director-level hires intended to help build a strong management base in anticipation of the company's continued swift growth.
"The market for healthcare applications is very strong right now, with virtually all the major healthcare plans developing strategies to better engage consumers through technology," said Geoff Seyon, Chairman of Medullan. "We've built an excellent ecosystem, including both technology and people, to help clients get that work done and get their applications to market very quickly."
Health Plus Management Services sought Medullan's expertise to create Health Plus Systems, a web-based application that provides a central location where key contributors to a patient's wellbeing can collaborate in a resourceful and secure environment. "The Medullan team played an essential role in getting Health Plus Systems to market," said Stuart Blumberg, CEO at Health Plus Management Services. "They not only helped shape and refine our initial ideas, but also came up with a killer concept for the web-based architecture and user interface that would never have occurred to us. As a result, Health Plus has enjoyed huge uptake from our customers in the medical and legal communities -- feedback from them has been tremendously positive. Health Plus is changing the way law firms communicate and collaborate with their clients' medical care teams."
Early indications are that 2012 will be an even better year for Medullan:
- Boston Business Journal recognized Medullan as a 2012 Pacesetter honoree and one of the region's fastest-growing privately held companies.
- In May, the company will move into adjacent office space at its Cambridge location that is 4x the size of its current office.
- The company is aggressively hiring and currently has 35 job openings.
- Medullan has broadened the scope of its work and collaborating on new projects with additional business groups at Aetna.
About Medullan, Inc.
Medullan, Inc. provides the brains behind health technology innovation. An IT consultancy, Medullan helps clients determine the best ways to engage healthcare consumers and then keep them motivated and connected. The firm supplements clients' in-house teams to help bring focus to their ideas and move projects forward to completion. Medullan can partner with clients at every stage of a development cycle -- problem definition, user experience design and software architecture -- resulting in highly innovative web and mobile applications that help improve healthcare delivery and consumption.
In an environment defined by uncertainty, clients rely on Medullan's unique combination of agility and health technology innovation experience to help them formulate ideas, guide their thinking with industry insights, and aggressively bring their applications to market. Among the companies to collaborate with Medullan are Aetna, Foundation Medicine, Optum Health, Partners Healthcare, Health Plus Management Services, Mass.gov, MEDecision and Verizon Wireless. Visit www.medullan.com.
Medullan is a trademark of Medullan, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
For information, contact:
Big Swing Communications
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: healthcare IT, Medullan, user experience design, USA, Marketwire, Inc., , Medicine, Insurance, healthcare, Surgery, Medication, Seniors Health, Seniors, Insurance Companies, Management Services, Internet Technology, Medical, Business, Other,