|Page (1) of 1 - 04/11/12||email article||print page|
Health 2.0 Announces Final Agenda for Spring Fling: Matchpoint BostonMatchpoint Innovators Application Deadline Ending on April 17th (April 11, 2012)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 04/11/12 -- Health 2.0 today announced the final agenda for Spring Fling: Matchpoint Boston May 14-15, 2012 at the Boston Marriott Copley Place. The conference will showcase speakers focusing on the commercializing of the Health 2.0 movement, and feature Matchpoint, the industry's preeminent deal-making and partnership forum.
Highlights of Health 2.0 Spring Fling include:
- Matchpoint Boston. Face-to-face meetings between entrepreneurs and decision makers from the nation's leading health care organizations and investors including: Aetna Inc., Angie's List, athenahealth Inc., AT&T, Bristol-Myers Squibb, California HealthCare Foundation, Healthline Networks Inc., Kaiser Permanente, Virgin Healthmiles Inc., and Ziegler. The deadline for entrepreneurs to apply to meet with the leading companies is April 17th.
- Featured speakers. Farzad Mostashari, M.D., National Coordinator for Health Information Technology, will announce the latest winners of the ONC's i2 Developer Challenges. The competitions, run by Health 2.0, were created to accelerate the development and adoption of health technology solutions. Jonathan Bush, CEO of athenahealth, will be the keynote speaker, detailing his company's rise from start-up to $2.5 billion market cap segment leader.
- Fireside chats: The Anatomy of a Matrimony. Industry leaders, from Aetna, iTriage, General Electric, and MedHelp, will discuss their successful collaborations with smaller companies and share their takeaways or lessons learned.
- Investors and incubators. Leading incubators Blueprint Health, Healthbox, and Remedy Ventures and influential investors CHCF and Health Evolution Partners will discuss how their investment models are changing the industry.
- Customers panel. Executives from Aetna, Kaiser Permanente, UnitedHealth Group and Pfizer Inc. will discuss what they're looking for from technology vendors.
- Launch! A series of rapid-fire, back-to-back, 3.5 minute demos from brand new buzz-worthy companies.
"Health 2.0 Spring Fling offers a first-hand look at tomorrow's technology innovators," said Eleanor Chye, Executive Director, Mobility Healthcare and Pharma, Mobility Product Management, AT&T Business and Home Solutions. "Health 2.0 Matchpoint is a unique opportunity to meet with innovative young companies building evidence-based solutions that can help accelerate mHealth adoption among patients, physicians, and/or payers."
"Conference attendees will learn about proven Health 2.0 growth strategies, strategic investment models, and how to successfully impact the changing health care market," said Indu Subaiya, Co-Chair and CEO of Health 2.0.
About Health 2.0
Health 2.0: The conference. The media network. The innovation community. The Health 2.0 Conference is the leading showcase of cutting-edge innovation transforming the health care system and is the premiere platform connecting IT innovators to established health care providers. Health 2.0 covers the broadest spectrum of the technology revolution that is shaking up every sector of health care. Learn more at www.health2con.com.
Amendola Communications for Health 2.0
480-664-8412 ext. 11
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Health 2.0, Indu Subaiya, developer, Aetna, Mostashari, athenahealth, AT&T, entrepreneur, health IT, HIT, Health Care, Management, CEO/CFO, Marketwire, Inc., , IT (Information Technology), healthcare, Surgery, Medical, Biology, Computer Science, Business,