|Page (1) of 1 - 12/14/11||email article||print page|
Confirmed speakers include Subbu Allamaraju, Architect at eBay; Ryan Dahl, creator of Node.js and Engineer at Joyent; Bruno Fernandez-Ruiz, VP and Platform Architect at Yahoo!; Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President, Servers & Tools at Microsoft; Stephen Herrod, CTO and SVP of R&D at VMware; Steve Pawloski, Senior Fellow and CTO at Intel; Kiran Prasad, director of engineering, mobile at LinkedIn; Oren Teich, COO at Heroku; and James Urquhart, VP of Product Development at Enstratus. Node Summit will feature speakers from every segment of the technology industry involved in implementing Node.js, including component and device makers, data center providers, network operators, and platform and service creators. More speakers will be announced shortly.
"When you think about the future of computing, it's clear Node.js will play a critical role in connecting businesses, consumers, and devices via a ubiquitous, global networked system," said Jason Hoffman, founder and CTO of Joyent and Emcee of Node Summit. "Node.js sits at the center of a connected universe -- where nodes as small as sensors and as large as datacenters are connected in a distributed system -- and this new network requires a whole new set of self-aware applications."
At Node Summit, business leaders and technology experts will come together for the first time to discuss how Node.js is enabling the creation of real-time, high performance, scalable, networked applications. Speakers will deliver case studies that unveil how they're using Node.js today to architect large-scale applications. In a series of interactive debates, panels, and keynote sessions, participants will also discuss how Node.js will impact businesses and consumers down the line -- coming up with visionary ideas for future implementations.
"We created Node Summit to bring together the leading technology and business leaders who are not only implementing Node.js now, but who are also actively thinking about new ways to use Node.js to advance the future of connected computing," said Andy Jenks from Asynch Media, producers of the conference. "Architects, executives, and technology visionaries will gather to debate the potential of the powerful Node.js environment."
Topics covered at Node Summit include:
- The New Mobile Infrastructure. Driven by the proliferation of new devices, applications, and data centers, learn how mobile operators, infrastructure providers, and developers are leveraging Node.js to respond to changing technology demands.
- The PaaS Future. Hear from Platform-as-a-Service providers that are embracing Node.js to broaden their offerings and enable developers to create next-generation applications that can scale in a highly interconnected world.
- The Large-Scale Web. The Internet is growing exponentially as companies and consumers adopt web-based apps for every part of their lives. Find out how Node.js is enabling a massive-scale web to function smoothly and securely.
- Where's the Money? What are the opportunities for startups leveraging Node.js? Investors and startup CEOs will discuss their decisions to fund and build businesses using Node.js, and provide insights into the future this technology will enable.
- The Importance of Cross Platform. How a multi-company effort enabled the abstraction of Node.js across platforms, and why this is key for the future of Node.
- Machine to Machine. Leveraging Node.js to deliver on the promise of real-time machine to machine communications.
On day two, Node Summit will feature the inaugural NodeJam, a showcase of Node.js businesses and applications. Thirty-five innovative startups leveraging Node.js to develop next generation solutions for today's pressing business challenges will present on stage and showcase their products in the Demo Hall. Naval Ravikant, CEO of AngelList, will serve as Emcee for the NodeJam event. Startups are invited to apply by the December 21, 2011 deadline at http://nodesummit.com/nodejam.
Node Summit is sponsored by leading and emerging technology companies, including Joyent, Microsoft, Heroku, Nodejitsu, eBay and Skookum Digital Works. Any company interested in reaching core influencers, decision makers, and technologists involved in the Node.js community should consider a high-impact sponsorship. For more information about sponsoring Node Summit, please visit the sponsors' page or email email@example.com.
Leading technology media organizations such as ACMQueue, O'Reilly Media and Silicon Angle have lined up to partner with Node Summit, helping spread the word about Node.js and reporting on the latest developments with the technology. More media partners will be announced shortly.
Tickets are selling fast for Node Summit, with a sold-out crowd expected. Anyone looking to connect with the movers and shakers of the Node.js community -- entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, business leaders, and technology experts -- should not miss this seminal event. Register today to ensure your spot.
About Asynch Media
Asynch Media is focused on the intersection of technology, business, and innovation. Asynch is the premier producer of events and content that relate to the real-time collaborative nature of the web and technologies that enable businesses to benefit from disruptive innovation. Node Summit is our flagship conference with Node.js as the central locus of today's real-time web.
Copyright @ Marketwire
Related Keywords: Node.js, cloud, applications, cloud architecture, mobile infrastructure, PaaS, internet of things, Applications, Internet, Business Issues, Architecture, Internet Server Applications, E-mail, Marketwire, , Internet Technology, Engineering, Business, Internet, Email, Technologists,