|Page (1) of 1 - 02/12/07||email article||print page|
Harris Corporation Unveils Its ONE Initiative For Broadcasters; Becomes Single Source For Integrated Innovative SolutionsHarris Delivers Unparalleled Interoperability Across Broadcast Technologies (February 12, 2007)
DMN Newswire--2007-2-12-- Harris Corporation (NYSE:HRS), an international communications and information technology company, is unveiling its ONE initiative ? providing a single choice for integrated workflow solutions for the rapidly changing broadcast, distribution and entertainment industries ? at NAB2007 being held April 16-19 in Las Vegas. Visitors to the Harris NAB booth will see a comprehensive line of products integrated into workflow solutions that enable broadcasters to profit from new, multichannel services, get on air fast with high definition and effectively project their brand.
"As the media business becomes increasingly complex, broadcasters are focused on streamlining their everyday operations, while also looking for a single, flexible and integrated approach that allows them to capitalize on the numerous benefits of IT," said Tim Thorsteinson, president of the Harris Broadcast Communications Division. "By providing integration across the entire Harris product portfolio ? and across the entire broadcast delivery chain ? we give broadcast customers integrated technology solutions that improve their workflows, save them money and enable new revenue streams from emerging media markets."
Harris has invested millions of dollars in research and development to combine its individual product strengths into total content delivery solutions, establishing a comprehensive portfolio of products and services that delivers true interoperability to the broadcast customer. New initiatives to be unveiled at NAB2007 include:
* NewsForce, a complete, file-based newsroom solution built upon the advanced NEXIO XS shared storage server architecture, will include a new generation of Harris editors optimized for the fast cutting, voicing and airing of news. With servers, editors and graphics systems working directly on the NEXIO storage area network, NewsForce provides newscasters with a streamlined, MOS-enabled infrastructure for producing, processing, distributing and managing standard-definition (SD) and high-definition (HD) content.
* Harris Assured Designs ? a series of cost-effective, fully integrated broadcast workflow systems designed to solve real-world business problems. Combining Harris best-in-class, field-proven SD/HD hardware and software, these streamlined, fully interoperable, easy-to-use solutions allow for improved efficiency immediately and significantly.
* A suite of high-definition television MPEG-4 part 10 (H.264) compression products to address the contribution, distribution and transmission needs of the global television industry. Leveraging the latest advances in compression algorithm technology, these products enable new applications and services by allowing lower-bandwidth operation of HD services over satellite, terrestrial and Internet Protocol Television delivery platforms.
* 3Gb/s capability across the Harris signal processing and distribution product portfolio ? providing broadcasters with cost-effective, HD-compatible products that support emerging standards such as 1080p.
* Addition of new data-analysis parameters and file-correction tools to its Videotek® QuiC media analysis server, enabling customers to analyze files during ingest, correct certain file problems on the fly with no operator intervention and significantly improve their workflow efficiency.
Harris Corporations heritage in broadcast technologies and experience providing best-in-class products and enterprise platforms enable it to bring to market a next-generation portfolio that supports content throughout the workflow application chain. Harris integration initiatives are producing powerful broadcast workflow solutions that enable customers to realize new revenues, repurpose content, target their advertising and deliver their brand.
About Harris Corporation
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. Headquartered in Melbourne, Florida, the company has annual sales of about $4 billion and more than 14,000 employees ? including more than 6,000 engineers and scientists. Harris is dedicated to developing best-in-class assured communications products, systems, and services for global markets, including government communications, RF communications, broadcast communications, and wireless transmission network solutions. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at www.harris.com