|Page (1) of 1 - 09/15/11||email article||print page|
Hacker Halted USA Announces Top Information Security Speakers and Presentations for October 21-27 Conference(September 15, 2011)
Miami, FL (PRWEB) September 15, 2011
The worlds leading experts in information security threats are scheduled to take part in this years Hacker Halted USA, EC-Councils flagship information security conference and a leading East Coast venue for cybersecurity research announcements. Hacker Halted 2011 takes place from October 21-27 at the InterContinental Miami.
The recent spate of high-profile attacks against companies ranging from Sony to MasterCard are a clear reminder of the new threats we face in information security, said Leonard Chin, Conference Director for Hacker Halted USA 2011. The goal of Hacker Halted is to raise awareness among corporate and government professionals by providing the best minds in the industry to lecture, demo and train on the latest threats and security concerns.
Hacker Halted USA 2011 provides four days of information security training, October 21-24, followed by a three-day conference, October 25-27, of keynotes, panel discussions, presentations and demos from the worlds foremost experts in cybersecurity. A full schedule of the three-day conference is available at http://www.hackerhalted.com/agenda
This years conference will feature a full day of keynotes on Day 1 (Oct 25) followed by 2 days (Oct 26 & 27) of intensive presentations that will be split into four tracks focusing on the latest threats and security concerns:
- Cut the Crap, Show Me the Hack Track This track received rave reviews at its debut last year. It is a highly technical track featuring no-nonsense technical security experts who demonstrate the latest hacks, reveal new zero-days, and showcase the most current threats and Up in the Clouds focusing on latest issues surrounding cloud and virtualization security.
- Securing SCADA and Critical Infrastructures Track - Following the 2010 appearance of the groundbreaking Stuxnet worm, which is believed to have targeted Irans secret nuclear program, SCADA security has become an issue of growing concern. This track will provide infosec professionals with high-level presentations from noted experts in the field - including a panel discussion moderated by Shaun Waterman, of The Washington Times.
- Whats Hot Track Top subject matter experts provide cutting-edge presentations on key aspects of information security, including virtualization and cloud security, application security, end point security, physical security and more.
Top-notch industry experts will keynote at Hacker Halted USA 2011, including (full speaker bios here http://www.hackerhalted.com/2011/Presenters.aspx ):
- Bruce Schneier, Chief Security Technology Officer at BT, best-selling author of Applied Cryptography, developer of cryptographic algorithms, such as AES-finalist Twofish, and de facto spokesperson for the information security field.
- George Kurtz, Worldwide Chief Technology Officer and Executive Vice President of McAfee, former CEO of Foundstone, before it was acquired by McAfee, and co-author of Hacking Exposed: Network Security Secrets & Solutions.
- Dr. Charlie Miller, Principal Research Consultant of Accuvant, Apple security expert, and long-time champion of CanSecWests Pwn2Own Apple hacking challenge. Charlie is also a keynote presenter at the recent NATO's International Conference on Cyber Conflict.
- Jeremiah Grossman, CTO of WhiteHat Security, founder of the Web Application Security Consortium (WASC), and one of InfoWorlds Top 25 CTOs for 2007.
- Barnaby Jack, who most recently gained the media spotlight for his ATM hacking demonstration at another prominent security conference.
- Dino Dai Zovi, independent researcher and author, and regular speaker at industry, academic and hacker security conferences. He is the author of the books, The Mac Hackers Handbook (Wiley 2009) and The Art of Software Security Testing (Addison-Wesley 2006).
- Moxie Marlinspike, Fellow at the Institute of Disruptive Studies, who has discovered numerous high profile security vulnerabilities, including flaws in SSL/TLS.
- Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO of Qualys, former chairman and CEO of Signio (acquired by VeriSign), and former member of the Board of Trustees for The Internet Society.
The conference will also include two panel discussions, moderated by leading media outlets:
- Is Your Security Strategy Working? Prove It! - Moderated by Tim Wilson, of Dark Reading. In this unique panel, three of the industrys top names in security metrics come together to discuss methods and tools for benchmarking security posture and security success: Andrew Jaquith, CTO of Perimeter Security, Joe Gottlieb, CEO of Sensage, and Tom Rabaut, analyst of RedSeal.
- SCADA Hacking: The Proliferation of Weapons for the Next World War - Moderated by Shaun Waterman, of The Washington Times. This panel examines the implications of the growing availability of open source SCADA attacks with several industry experts, including Jonathan Pollet, Matthew Luallen and Professor Tiffany Rad.
Hacker Halted Academy is also unveiling a new specialized training program at this years Hacker Halted USA. It will feature highly advanced infosec training sessions from EC-Councils new Center for Advanced Security Training (CAST). These advanced technical training programs will delve deeply into specific areas of security. These trainings are definitely not for those still trying to get their feet wet in the rapidly evolving information security landscape.
Hacker Halted 2011s speakers will join an esteemed list of past speakers, including Prof. Howard Schmidt, Cybersecurity Coordinator & Special Assistant to the President and Dr. Herbert H. Thompson, CEO of People Security and RSA Conference program committee chair and advisory board member.
Some of the sponsors of this premier information security conference include LogRhythm, Bit9, Qualys, Norman, SAINT Corporation, Application Security Inc, and New Horizons. Hacker Halted will also feature an Academy that offers information security training workshops including the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program, CompTIAs Security+, (ISC)2s CISSP, and other technical security training as well. For more information, including a complete program, presentation synopses, and registration details, please visit http://www.hackerhalted.com/2011.
Leonard Chin Conference Director (leonard(at)eccouncil(dot)org)
ABOUT HACKER HALTED
Hacker Halted is EC-Councils premier global information security conference series, dedicated to raising international awareness towards increased education and ethics in information security. Hacker Halted is a vendor neutral platform that provides CXOs and senior IT security professionals with the opportunity to assess best practices in acquiring, implementing, managing, and measuring information security. Hacker Halted provides EC-Council certification training, including the renowned Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program (a recently accepted certification of DoD Directive 8570.01M Change 2). Since 2004, Hacker Halted has been held in Miami, Myrtle Beach, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Dubai, Mexico City, Cairo, Taipei, Guangzhou, and Tokyo.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/9/prweb8799026.htm.
Related Keywords:computing and information technology, satellite technology, wireless technology, science and technology, technology (general), identification technology, agricultural research and technology, economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, business (general), computer crime, economy, business and finance, waste management and pollution control, financial and business service, business enterprises, management change, business (general), economy, business and finance, financial and business service, business enterprises, corporations, business (general), government aid, government debt, government contract, government health care, government,